Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won't accept the real time

My app doesn't believe the clocks went forward last month. Every activity is recorded with a time exactly an hour ago.

eg I go to bed at 1am and wake around 9am - the app says I went to sleep about 12.15 and woke at 8.

If I sync and then check my heartrate at, say, 7pm, the data is totally up to date, but the app thinks it's 6pm.

The phone is correct (Pixel 5). The watch is correct (Pixel Watch 2). The app isn't.

What is going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @george_iv welcome to the community, your reset may have disturbed some of the settings in the Fitbit app on your phone. From the "Today" screen on the Fitbit app on your phone>touch your icon in the top right corner>Fitbit settings>app settings>put the two sliders into the off position>ensure you have the correct location set>put the automatic time zone slider into the on position. Check if the time is correct. If this fails go into the Phone settings>apps>Fitbit> clear cache>Force stop> restart your phone & open Fitbit.

Let us know how you get on by posting here again.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer

Hi @Gr4ndp4. Thanks for responding.

Just followed the steps you recommended. Even cleared the cache and restarted. The app still thinks it's in GMT, even though the time zone setting is GMT+1.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried logging out/in, or clearing the Fitbit's app  cache 

Tried both manual and auto location settings?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup. Makes no difference.

I've discovered that it's not the location setting, it's the "Automatic time zone" setting. If I force the app back to winter time, ignoring the network and my phone, it suddenly matches reality. Very poor app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes