Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won't sync with wifi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am experiencing the same issue

Moderator Edit: Updated post title.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @nathan82,

I've moved your post from the iOS forum to the Android forum to help keep the Community organized.

What's important to note is that it doesn't matter whether you are connected to WiFi or mobile data for syncing your tracker, it only matters that you have a strong internet connection.

If you are still having trouble with syncing your tracker, I would recommend the troubleshoots mentioned here.

Hope this helps!

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not true. My Wi-Fi is working fine. I can use Wi-Fi for internet and all other apps but for the fitbit  app it just won't sync. Instead of showing "Syncing..." it'll display a message that says "Last synced at xxx am/pm"

And if I turn off Wi-Fi and use data, it starts syncing. 

This has never happened before. 

Something has gone wrong with how the app uses Wi-Fi.

I tried resetting the fitbit password and it said you have no internet connection even though i was on WiFi and that Wi-Fi was enabling all other connectivity. 

I switched to data, voila, I got the reset.

Somebody needs to update fitbit's software

Best Answer

It worked after I reset my phone and my WiFi router

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree - I have to turn off WiFi on my iPhone and reset the fitbit (Blaze) to get it to sync.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the end, i contacted helpdesk and they got me to reset the fitbit itself by plugging in and pressing the button on the charger 3x.  Now i know how to solve the issue when it pops up every time.  It's only happened 3 times in 2 years so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes

you just need to reset the fitbit.  search online for how to reset your fitbit.  it's really easy.  or you can chat with the livedesk and they'll walk you through it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact problem!!!! Last night for 3 hours, i was trying to fix it. This morning, i turn on data and it works. I wanted to throw it out!!!

Best Answer

Turned wifi on and off, reset fitbit using charger and pressing on button three times, turned bluetooth off and on, tuened off fitbit app off, uninstalled and reinstalled fitbit app, deleted account and reactivated it, removed device and setup again!!!! Did this several times!!!!! Is someone able to help me please, so i can sync my Alta HR using wifi?

Best Answer
Actually I finally called Fitbit online and they walked me through
resetting my fitbit. You have to put it in the charger and press a button
3 times and then after that it starts working fine again. There are
instructions for different fitbits online. Hope this helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! thank you for your input. unfortunately, I have done this several times in the past three days, with no luck 😞

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Someone in forum said to forget in Bluetooth and since then my Bluetooth can't find it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I have a Motorola G8 and Alta HR. Will not sync when the phone is connected to WiFi - when using cellular it works fine. 

So still no fix 2 years later.

Best Answer