Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto steps counting on s8/s8+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
S8/8+ missing auto step tracking with mobiletrack. IOS devices have that ability. On S8 can only manually track steps for exercise at this time. Really surprised fitbit app cant dk it on S8+ after its been out for some time now. Please add that functionality soon or have the app sync with steps app like SHealth or Pacer where it can pull total steps from. Thx.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Shan819, good to see you have joined the Fitbit Community! Thank you for your feedback about the app, note the MobileTrack is a feature that uses your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned. So is require your phne be compatible to enable this feature.

For the latest list of devices that support the MobileTrack feature, visit http://www.fitbit.com/devices. Fitbit frequently adds support for new devices, so if yours isn't listed check back soon.

If SHealth is something in which you're interested, please visit this feature suggestion:S Health & Fitbit integration. Feel free to contribute with your vote and comments. This is a great way to let us know what you'd like to see in the future!

I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience .

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roberto

S8+ shows up on the list of compatible devices but I can't add mobile track. Any other way of tracking steps? Thanks. 

Best Answer

Hello @K.Po, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! I was reading your post and you are correct. MobileTrack is not supported by all compatible devices. In this case Glaxy S8 / S8+ has been listed as compatible but this feature in particular is not supported by the software of your phone.

The best alternative is to pair any model of Fitbit tracker, but there is a workaround that is called MobileRun. If you create your account and you have the app installed you wont see all the tiles available when there is a tracker paired. But using MobileRun will enable to track a walk, hike or run with your phone's GPS. For more details please take a look at this post: MobileRun & Your Device.

Keep in mind it will be basic data and some stats won't be available due to the fact there is not a tracker paired; is an alternative you can explore though.

See you around and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

We are half way through 2018 and Mobiletrack still does not work on my S8+. .. 

Best Answer
0 Votes