Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badge Counts are Wrong on Android App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, the android phone app shows all the badges that I've won and counts the number of times I've won them and the date I last won them. Although the date is accurate the count seems to have stopped counting. For example my Urban Boot 15K Badge shows as earned 54 times. Last won 9th Feb. However it has been on 54 for ages and a manual count of my results since I bough the FitBit at the end of April last year shows I should have won this nearly double that number of times. 20K and 25K badges have a similar problems as I suspect do others. Can any one help? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @RossEng! Welcome to the Forums!

In the past I've had issues with badges not showing up correctly on my account. When it happened, it usually was because they were not being properly loaded into my account. In this case I recommend that you try to log out of the app and then log back in. This should force the app to load all of the proper information.

Let me know how it goes! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @RossEng! Welcome to the Forums!

In the past I've had issues with badges not showing up correctly on my account. When it happened, it usually was because they were not being properly loaded into my account. In this case I recommend that you try to log out of the app and then log back in. This should force the app to load all of the proper information.

Let me know how it goes! 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I have the same issue with mine - mine tells me that I've only achieved the 5k badge 72 times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Thanks for this but I've only just noticed the moderator response and tried logging out and back in again to the app as suggested and it works!! 🙂 The counts now seem to be correct. Let me know if it works for you too. 

Best Answer

Hello @RossEng and @Weezer1980!

@RossEng, thanks for the update and letting me know that logging out and then back in did work.

@Weezer1980, please do try the process that I detailed as it should help with this issue.

Please keep me posted on how it  goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I've now tried the process of logging out of the app and logging back in again & it does look to have fixed the problem.   It did take a long time for the app to log back in though.    The first few times I tried, it took so long it timed out! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Also Ive noticed that although it recounts ok it then doesnt update when future badges are earned. So i need to regularly logout and back in again to keep the badge counts uptodate.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Weezer1980 and @RossEng!

Both of the details that you mention are definitely interesting. I will be sure to keep an eye out for any information I can find on the matter. 

Let me know if you have any further questions or new developments.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't wish to be rude, but rather than "keeping an eye out for information", why not go back to the tech team and ask them to fix the obvious bug?! If the details are not updating automatically, that is a software fault and a ticket should be raised, the problem investigated and rectified!

It is this general lack of commitment to customers that sees me finally giving up on Fitbit and moving to a different tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Phil_M.

I absolutely understand your frustration and were you are coming from, I truly do. Please do know that the team is aware of the situation and when I say that I'll keep an eye out for any information I mean that I will be waiting on them to provide some details about it.

Feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had same problem.  Logging out and then in works, but Fitbit has STILL not fixed the problem, 8 months after last complaint.  Too busy selling new products to fix ones they already have.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @mrknox.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the matter. 

Our team is aware of this situation and they are looking into it. I have not received any updates but I will keep my eyes open and try to get as much information as I can. Whenever I get something, I'll be sure to let you know.

Feel free to let me know if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes