Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better handling of Outlook (app) notifications.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The fitbit app, on Android at least, does not properly distinguish Outlook app email and calendar notifications. As a result, even though I have selected to only receive calendar notifications on my Ionic, I still get both email and calendar notifications.

Really very annoying when I get tonnes of emails, but need to focus on the calendar items only.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for bringing this up. 

It is possible that the Outlook notifications are coming through as app notifications and not as email ones. Let's try to check the settings for that:

1. Go to your account by tapping on the top-right corner of the app.
  2. Go into the Notifications option.
  3. There, look for 'App' notifications and go in.
  4. :Look for Outlook and if you see it and it is turned on, move the toggle and turn it off. That should definitely help.

Hopefully you find this useful! Let me know if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I already spoke to the Fitbit support team. The here is:

• The Fitbit app needs separate apps for each notification type. ie: One app for email and another one for calendar.
  • The Outlook app on mobile, like on desktops, is all-in-one.
  • So, the fitbit app cannot distinguish between a calendar and email Outlook notification.

Please please fix this 😕

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for sharing that in here, I'll be sure to keep it in mind in the future.

I'll be sure to pass the feedback on to the rest of the team. Please do know that we're always looking for ways to improve and that no comments goes unnoticed.

If you have the time, perhaps you could look into visiting one of our Discussion boards. Lots of topics to talk about with other users.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just purchased Charge 5 and wanted to do exactly as above, turn "off" email notifications, but leave calendar ones "on". I too use Outlook so it appears that after 3+ years, this is still unresolved?

Best Answer

3+ years and still no fix it appears? Andy advice would be appreciated.

Best Answer

Did you ever resolve this? I purchased a Charge 5 today and the same problem still exists.....thanks.

Best Answer