Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bike activity not tracking distance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Gps does not track distance in biking....the icon of the cell phone comes on ....on the screen of the fitbit but it keeps on searching....bar goes back and forth the time im biking....time, calories burnt,heart rate are all tracked.....even on the map i can see my all roads ...streets i biked in red....but no distances....in the past it would track full distance....even give me a time per Km....BUT distance is tracked  if i use the run or hike??

Ive updated ghe app...its a Fitbit charge 2

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and format 

Best Answer
113 REPLIES 113

I just bought my first Fitbit after debating for months whether to invest in an Apple Watch or a Fitbit. I have been extremely disappointed with so many of the Fitbit features. This one, in particular, is so incredibly frustrating. I could simply bring my phone and turn Runkeeper on to cycle mode to get all the data that I need. Fitbit was supposed to work more accurately and be more convenient in that I would not need to carry my phone, but when it says that I have biked 0 miles in 32 minutes, yet burned almost 300 calories, it clearly is anything but accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here and same with my dad. Very annoying. Thinking Garmin is the better choice if fitbit can't get their act together.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem on an Ionic ... seriously this does not have a fix?

Best Answer

Hi 

I just got a Fitbit charge 4 and went for a small cycle. In my exercise log it shows 2.2km which is correct but on my daily dashboard it is not showing the distance at all, only what I walked. 

Best Answer

Yes - that would be the presenting issue for me too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hai same problem here, really bugs me that my km bar is at 0.5 when I biked 50km today. Does anyone know, is there at least a way to manually edit the number if it’s not going to do it on its own?  give me a mod if you can’t fix it I’m not picky, just want to use the thing I bought lol 

Best Answer

Just got home from a 50 minute bike ride, (blowing out my arse I may add) to check the app to see how far I cycled and it hasn’t recorded my route or the distance, just the time taken. Always used to use the the endomondo app but wanted a tracker that’d record heart rate and is more accurate.... got that wrong by the looks of it. Should of just brought a heart rate monitor compatible with endomondo!! May do that actually unless there is a fix coming soon considering this was raised last year. Any idea when this is happening?

Best Answer
I had this problem all last year while biking.....no solution that Fitbit had worked.....got tired and frustrate and downloaded another app just to track my distances......so a month ago i pre ordered a Fitbit charge 4.....thinking it would be an upgrade from my Charge 2.....since the Charge 4 has a BUILT in gps.....today i went for my first bike ride and what do you know.....SAME issue....out of my 1 hour ride which is never less than 20km....it didnt register most of my ride....it only registered 5km.....im very disapointed.....also funny how it registered on an offroad trail....but didnt register along a main highway.....i should have listen to my friends and and bought another Brand.....seems like Fitbit missed the boat again....and now im stuck with a brand new Charge 4......Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

I saw another post after posting earlier and it said about disabling auto tracker for cycling. Did this and been out for a ride with my daughter this evening and it tracked the route, distance, ave speed, etc.... it’s worked fine this time out for me, give it a try. 👍

Best Answer
Will try that ...ThanksSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

Having the same issue with no miles logged for biking. Looks like Fitbit team has been working on this for over a year and still not fixed. 

Best Answer

Hello again, it's a pleasure to continue providing assistance with the distance tracking issue during a Bike exercise, my apologies for the delay in responding your posts.

First, I'd like to appreciate all the information that was shared on this thread and for trying some troubleshooting steps before posting over here, I understand that this issue can be really frustrating for you. If you're experiencing this issue, I suggest you to try the following steps to troubleshoot the Fitbit app and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

If after trying the above steps the issue remains, please let me know which Android mobile devices are you using to further investigate and pass along the information with a specialized team. 

Looking forward to your replies. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I’ve done everything that you requested and installed the app on a new phone and it still doesn’t work. 

Rather than suggesting that millions of Fitbit users uninstall and reinstall software maybe find a way to fix the problem.

Best Answer

We have 2 pages about the Fitbit app not recording distance while on a bike ride, however the Fitbit app doesnt have the ability to record a bike ride which needs to be done through the tracker.

Is this problem only with one model tracker, or with all models?

Do you get a map of the ride.

I haven't experienced this with 4 different trackers with my Android phone.

Best Answer

Hey!

I reported that it affected me as well a few days ago. I have a Fitbit versa 2, which was not tracking miles correctly, it tracked only quarter of the entire ride. Though it was disappointing, I tried to track it again twice this week. Apparently in the 'Exercise Shortcuts' in the app, the 'auto-pause' mode under the 'Bike' tab was turned off by default, which it why when I paused the ride, it did not resume on its own and hence did not track the rest of the ride. I turned the auto-pause mode on and it tracked the exact miles on my next ride.

A few other things I realized-

- Make sure you Fitbit is not too loose around the wrist.

- Make sure the Fitbit is synced to your phone a few seconds before you start the ride (Open the app, sync and close)

- Before you start your ride, ensure your GPS is connected on your phone (Doesn't require an internet connection), usually shows an active notification in your notification bar throughout the ride.

Hope this helps 🙂 Stay safe!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Vita27 are you saying that your bike recording app terminated during the ride? This is a none issue for some units and being looked into by fitbit.

If you paused the recording, you will need to un pause. I've noticed there is a time out period while paused  So yes if paused to long the Charge 4 seems to end the recording.

This is different then the recording stopping during the actual ride 

Best Answer
0 Votes

DON'T TAKE THE ADVICE TO RESET YOUR FITBIT TRACKER.  I have a Fibit Charge 2.  It also stopped tracking my bike mileage and stats. I filled the guidance in the last post of not to automatically track my bike rides and reset the tracker.  Now my Charge 2 just cycles through Notifications On / Off constantly and drains the battey.  I had a mostly working Fitbit to a useless one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same issue. No tracking for my bike workouts. 

Best Answer

You said to reset the fitbit. This ruined my Fitbit which was working before except the bike tracking. Bad advice. I suggest strongly that that be removed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dont follow the instructions in the post to reset your fitbit. I did and my fitbit died. It was working fine before that.Regards,Nirav
Best Answer
0 Votes