Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bike and walk Maps/Distance missing with Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't figure it out. I only get a map when I go for a run. Yet, the GPS is ON on my watch for Walk, Bike and Run. I do not get the exercise app running. I just let the watch detect my activities. Should I be doing something else in the settings? I get my runs in Strava, but don't get any of my bike rides showing up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @prenaud, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for the details that were shared in your post. Seems odd that your device is acting in such way. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this? If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check our help article: How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device? for more information and details about exercise tracking. Keep in mind that our SmartTrack auto-recognition feature does not use GPS. It seems that you have the run-detect enabled on the activity this is the reason why only such activity is using GPS. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @RicardoFitbit for you reply. I've only had the Versa 2 for a week. So, I'm still trying to figure out how things work. I went skate skiing yesterday and started an exercise on my watch - I used hiking since there is no skiing. I did get a map record. Today, I went cycling and my watch detected it, but didn't use my phone GPS. I just don't understand why GPS works automatically with running, but not for walking and cycling (or skiing). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I keep experimenting... I went for a walk and decided to get the Exercise app running half way through. It only mapped the last portion of my walk and it uploaded it to Strava as well. Strangely enough, the 1st portion of my walk doesn't appear anywhere. 

I decided to go for a run later. Didn't touch the watch at all. Within seconds I had a map ready and Strava notified me that my run was uploaded. 

I guess I just need to get the Exercise app going if I want to have a map other than my runs. I really wish there was an option for x-country ski...

Best Answer
0 Votes