Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Priv Compatible?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Blackberry PRIV and I just got a Charge 2. It seems to be syncing alright so far and my Bluetooth has found my Charge no problem and everything is working except I can't get text message, phone or calendar notifications to my Charge. I know blackberry isn't supported but I have read it sometimes works but I can't find how!?! Any suggestions on what to do?? Or any idea if Fitbit is actually going to have BlackBerry soon? I don't want to switch to Garmin or another one that works with my phone if I can't set it up?!?! Help!! Thanks!

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hello! Blackberry came out with a new device that runs on Android. It's called the Priv.

It's compatible with Android apps, so I'm surprised the phone isn't on the list of supported devices according to Fitbit here https://www.fitbit.com/devices.

Can the site please be updated?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello there my friend @gofit. Welcome aboard to our community and thank you for sharing with us this information. Note that even when it supports Android apps,  the supported device list is updated according to our teams fully test the Fitbit app on different devices. Until this information is not official, the device cannot be added due to there is no guarantee that all the features will work properly. Rest assure that if this device works with the app, will be included as a support device in a future.

I appreciate this information and catch ya later my friend.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

I was thinking about the same issue.  I have a BB and luv it:)  Yes it's behind the operating system compared to iphone, but the hardware is till good.  I find the quality stronger.  BB came up with a new phone that runs with a BB and Android operating system.  Ive been reading about it and it has excellent reviews.  It would be dissapointment if this phone is not compatible.  I do hope it does:)

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please let them know I have a Blackberry Priv as well and was surprised it was not compatible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a BB Priv with a Charge and it works just fine. Looking into replacing the Charge with a Blaze.

Best Answer

Just picked up a Blaze, and have a Priv.  Firmware update took 2-3 hours, but after that it's working beautifully.  Came from a Charge HR, which worked great too.  

Best Answer
Got aBlaze to replace my Charge. Agree with Beekman, the firmware update took a few hours, but after that no issues with the Priv and Blaze combo.
Best Answer

same here. firmware took much longer than it was mentioned (10 min)

I wasn't able to get notifications on my BB Priv. although I enabled it on the blaze. any tips on that?

thanks!

Best Answer
I had trouble at first as well, but got it working. Not sure which one of these did it, but here’s what I did:

1) Make sure your Fitbit is paired with your phone – not through the Fitbit app, but rather through Android. It should show up as “Blaze (Classic)”. I believe you may have to turn on “Bluetooth Classic” in settings on the Blaze itself.
2) I have “Require Encryption” set to on. Not sure if this is required, but it’s a good idea. It’s in the Fitbit app, under device → notifications.
3) Then turn on what you want notifications for, and select the app you want to get notifications for. For calls, I picked Dialer as it was the only option, same for Calendar notifications had only Calendar. For text notifications, I actually selected Hangouts instead of Messenger, as I use Hangouts far more.
4) Lastly, make sure notifications are enabled on the Blaze. From the clock face, drag down, and make sure notifications are on.
5) I’d also do a sync, as that makes sure all the above changes take effect.

Good luck!

--Matt Berman
Best Answer

I just got my Blaze this weekend. Love it so far, and I'm not having any problems with my Blackberry Priv, compatibility-wise. Syncs well, and I get my phone call and text notifications no problem. If you've got the Priv, and you're thinking about a Fitbit, DO IT!

Best Answer

I just got a Priv and am using the blaze, i can get them to communicate. what am I missing? thanks

Best Answer

I have an alta and my work require a bbery , i currentl have a Passport which can run many Androis apps. I can ryun Chrome Firefox, etc and to a degree the Fitbit app for Android works intermittently. I can't change phones, i am considering moving to other wearable technology.

having a BBery OS 10 version or BBery Android app will keep the Alta on my wrist.

Best Answer

I have a Blackberry Priv and the Fitbit Blaze.  I can't use the GPS function and track my distance etc when I walk.  Do I need to change a setting in my phone or is it just not compatible with my phone?

Best Answer

sorry but I have an Alta Murray Hubley

Moderator Edit: Removed personal Information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone and welcome for newcomers@nws2002@Beerman1138@fadel@sammiroudy@Ronman and @bordercity.

I been reading that some of you have no issues to sync or use features on a Black Berry and some of you are having issues. This is because the device is running Android platform and the tracker is compatible with this OS, although some components of the phone can affect in the compatibility of the app and the features may fail or may work in occasions; since still is not officially supported. I don't use BB, but my phone is not compatible either, although I can use the features, but sometimes there are hiccups at the moment to sync. I appreciate you are sharing your feedback and I'll make sure to pass this information with our teams.

There is Feature request asking the compatibility of these devices, perhaps you are interested in add your vote to make more popular the idea and have implemented in a near future. If you are interested here is the link: Devices not yet supported

See you around and I wish you the best.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

This is should be a simple fix for the Fitbit developers.
I can't change off of my BBERRY so, I may move to a Moto instead.

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Information

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @TPD13AH. As you mentioned, the reason why you are having problems fully connecting your tracker with your phone is because Blackberry PRIV is not a compatible mobile device, our team is testing the compatibility of several phones, I hope this can be added soon.

You can try to setup the call and text notifications feature by following the instructions provided in the How do I setup the calls/texts notifications? (Android app) post.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

How avbout DTEK 60?  I tried with Priv in the past. Never could get it to firmware update.  Trying with DTEK 60 now.Firmware update is 20 minutes in with no progress on the bar 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I purchased a fitbit charge 2 and was pretty excited until I tried using the app on my BB Priv.  The app is extremely slow, constantly freezing, and has syncing issues. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling with no luck. Just to pair the charge and load the new firmware took hours of constantly waiting for the app to respond and restarting it.  I realize the Priv not listed under compatible devices but how many first time purchasers review that list?? Especially becasue the phone is running nearly a stock version of Android, so I'm very surprised at this.  Any suggestions or updates in the very near furture? if not I'm afraid I will be returing the product.    

Best Answer