Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze & Samsung s8 notifications not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not a happy fitbit user at the minute.

My blaze is constantly not getting notifications from my Samsung s8 despite the phone bluetooth always being on. In order for me to get my notifications I'm having to reset my tracker twice a day and evenue then it doesn't always work.

As a result of this im missing important calls relating to my health treatments from the hospital.

What's going on and how long is it going to take to fix or find a solution????

In the past 3 or 4 months I've had numerous interactions with staff from fitbit to try and fix it but I'm getting nowhere

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @jon3sy91

Thanks for bringing this up and for sharing the steps that you have tried.

I'd like to ask you that you try following these steps, in order. They should definitely help out with the situation. If have already tried them all to no avail, please give it another shot and let me know how it goes.

Feel free to reach out with any other questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit thank you for replying. I have tried all of the steps that were mentioned but I'm still missing notifications. In order to get them I'm having to restart my device at least twice a day but even when I do that the notifications only come through for a brief period of time

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for letting me know @jon3sy91.

I'd like to ask a few questions on the matter:

• Are you connecting any other devices to your phone? If so, try removing them and see how it works.
  • Have you synced your Fitbit to other phones? Or notifications?
  • Did you try to remove your Fitbit from your phone's Bluetooth settings?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit, I'm not connecting other devices by Bluetooth to my phone. Only other device I have is a tablet but I don't use it for messaging/phone calls. Tried removing from phone Bluetooth settings too.

I did update recently but even that hasn't worked. I'm still having to restart my device

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @jon3sy91.

Let's try one more thing with the app. Could you try checking the tablet's Bluetooth settings to see if the Fitbit is showing there? If it is, remove it and then try to setup notifications once again with your S8. It could be that it paired with the tablet and thus won't properly bond with your phone in order to get the notifications.

Keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any further questions.

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit I've just deleted my blaze from tablet Bluetooth list. I do t think there would have been an interference with signals as tablet Bluetooth switched off.

How do I restart my notifications now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LanuzaFitbit I've just tried to call phone from tablet straight after deleting blaze from tablet Bluetooth list and it didn't work. I restarted blaze and tried call again and it did notify me. I'm having to reset my device to get my phone notifications to come through. Text messages come through with no issue. The problem is I'm missing phone calls regarding my health care as a result of the notification of phone calls not working properly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @jon3sy91.

Thanks for that update. 

Now that it has been removed from the tablet let's try to do the same from your phone and then set notifications up once more. You can find the steps to do so in here.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer