Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't sync or re-pair

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed on Tuesday that my Blaze wasn't syncing to the app. I have never had this issue before and I've had my Blaze over a year now. I kept manually syncing and it just kept saying "sync  error." I went to the help forum and someone fixed this issue by forgetting the device on the app and setting it up again like a new device. Now it won't even let me do that! It finds the tracker but says there's a Bluetooth issue over and over. What's weird is that when it comes up with the error message and I hit cancel, it keeps finding the tracker and giving me the same message

When I hit the "restart Bluetooth" option, it can't find the Blaze any more. Went back to the help forum and read that this particular issue might be because my phone (a Samsung galaxy s7) is already paired with the Blaze so I should unpair the device on Bluetooth. However, when I select "unpair," it doesn't do anything. Even when restarting the settings app. I have no idea what to do from here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Kjones13, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! I was looking in your Community profile and I'm not able to see any tracker paired. So I would like to recommend the following suggestions:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

If the issue persists proceed with the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Turn your Fitbit device off and back on using the instructions in How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try setting up your device again.
  7. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app one more time.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Kjones13, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! I was looking in your Community profile and I'm not able to see any tracker paired. So I would like to recommend the following suggestions:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

If the issue persists proceed with the following:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Turn your Fitbit device off and back on using the instructions in How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try setting up your device again.
  7. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app one more time.

See you later and hope this helps.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Thank you for these suggestions! I was having the same issue only my phone is a galaxy s6. My blaze is syncing properly now 🙂

Best Answer

It worked! Thank you!

Best Answer

Hey this is awesome @Kjones13 and @mmailloux. Glad to read you were able to pair your tracker back in to your accounts.

So the only thing left for me to say here, is to give you a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community @mmailloux. Great to have new members!

See you later and stay awesome fellows!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am curently having a similar problem. My phone is a HUAWEI P9 Plus, and initially (since dec '16), I was able to pair and sync with no problem. Around 6 weeks ago, I started getting 'Tracker not found' error messages, and several attempts to sync. Now, since 20th Nov, my device wont sync at all. Customer support have tried to help, but nothing they suggest is working. They seem to focus on the fact that my phone is not yet on the list of compatible devices, but don't explain how come I've been able to pair and sync for 10 months without issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sync with the windows 10 app on a pc until they get the Android mobile app working again. 

Unfortunately the Android app has been slowly going downhill for a long time now.......at this point there's really no direction for it to go but up.

Best Answer

I set up a blaze earlier on my phone and then accidently deleted the device and ive tried re adding the device and when it says theres a code to type in it doesn't appear on mi screen any ideas please

Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you so much u solved mi problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

This needs to be placed as the ONLY solution to this problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes