Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze won't sync with Samsung S9+

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a samsung s9+ operating android 10 and am using a fitbit blaze. I havent really had problems til lately. I've uninstalled the app, turned bluetooth on/ off, shut down device, played with settings nothing is working. It doesnt do the all day sync like it used to I have to manual sync and even at that point it takes a few tries to sync. I don't receive any notifications at all. My husband has the same problem with the same devices so I know it isnt just me. Will there be a fix?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @ShawnaSchott15. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know that the Blaze isn't syncing correctly, as well for the steps tried prior posting. You did a great job! I'm sorry that you and your husband are going through this situation and let me help you with this. Before anything else, make sure the following requirements are met:

• The Fitbit app has been allowed to run in the background.
  • You've turned Off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  • Your husband's tracker and phone are placed in another room.
  • The location services are turned On.

Although you've tried some steps, please give a try to the following in the given order:

1. Remove your Blaze just from the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
  2. On your phone settings tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  3. Go back one screen and tap on force stop.
  4. Reboot your phone and restart your Blaze.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, tap on your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  6. Choose your Blaze, tap on replace and follow the onscreen instructions.
  7. Enable the Always Connected option in the Fitbit app as this will improve the Bluetooth connection between your phone and Blaze.

Please ask your husband to try the same steps with his Blaze and phone, and let me know how everything goes. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done all that it seems to be syncing now and the notifications worked for about 10 minutes but now I'm back to no notifications. My heart rate is also acting up. I saw that this is a common problem with the recent android update. Is there going to be a fix soon? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ShawnaSchott15. It's great to see you here again.

Thanks for trying the steps from my post, and I'm sorry that the issues with your Blaze persist. I understand how you're feeling as you're not able to get advantage of your Blaze features. About the notifications, our team has been informed about this issue experienced by our members who updated to Android 10 and my best advice is to try the following steps which have worked for others:

1. Try the troubleshooting steps described in this help article one more time.

2. Uninstall then reinstall the Fitbit app.

3. Perform a soft reset of your phone.

In regards to your other inquiry, do you mean that the heart rate readings aren't accurate? Or is the heart rate function the one not working? If you've not done so, check this link and try the tips described there to improve your Blaze's accuracy.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue ShawnaSchott15 mentions and none of these things have worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah it still doesn't sync by itself. Even after doing all that you have to manual sync or it doesnt record in the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my S9+

It will sync manually after couple of tries, and then it won't sync at all until the next manual sync. I have tried all the steps mentioned.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad.its not just my versa lite and S9 note. I jave tried everything ithey ask me to do. Now. My Bluetooth isn't even finding my fit bit. Its so frustrating and no one seems to help,.

Best Answer
0 Votes