Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect time - Syncing difficulties

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 is losing time all day.  I think its a syncing issue.  Even when fully charged it doesn't keep time, or maybe will do for an hour or so but has become totally unreliable so have stopped wearing it.

I have a Samsung A20 which is not on the list of Android devices.  I have been using it with this for months and it has been fine but as of November it started not wanting to work correctly.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Did you work out how to resolve it.  I have the most recent App, have had the fitbit fully charged, still no joy.  

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @JillT24, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Let me share with you that our Fitbit devices use your mobile device information to display the time with the syncing process, therefore, by simply syncing your Charge 3 the time issue will be corrected. That said, I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your Android mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Also, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and let me know how it goes.  

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply, I have been through the suggestions you sent.  I have been manually syncing the fitbit since November, just so annoying that I cannot rely on the time.  My phone is a Samsung A20 which is not on your list of devices.  What I can't understand is that I had the fitbit operating with my new phone for several months and then it decides to stop syncing.  I have all day sync activated.  I have the latest app, have uninstalled and re-installed, still no joy.  I am at the point of the instructions where it suggests "Force quit and then reopen the fitbit app". Do they mean force quit on the app or on the Charge 3.  I have tried to do the reboot device that was suggested but now I can't get my bluetooth on the phone to pair the device.  I look forward to your reply. Regards Jill

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not sure if I left this in the correct section, so will try again 

Thanks for your reply, I have been through the suggestions you sent.  I have been manually syncing the fitbit since November, just so annoying that I cannot rely on the time.  My phone is a Samsung A20 which is not on your list of devices.  What I can't understand is that I had the fitbit operating with my new phone for several months and then it decides to stop syncing.  I have all day sync activated.  I have the latest app, have uninstalled and re-installed, still no joy.  I am at the point of the instructions where it suggests "Force quit and then reopen the fitbit app". Do they mean force quit on the app or on the Charge 3.  I have tried to do the reboot device that was suggested but now I can't get my bluetooth on the phone to pair the device.  I look forward to your reply. Regards Jill

Best Answer
0 Votes

It now seems that my phone won't pair with the fitbit, it is updating and keeping the time ok on occasions but is not paired to the phone.  It's driving me crazy.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you resolved your issues? My fitbit CHarge 3  also started losing time recently. Only corrects the time when I plug it in with the charger cord and sync with phone or computer. Does that mean the bluetooth signal is unreliable on the device? I wasn't able to sync with the app (on a MacBookPro) until I connected it with the charger cord. Certainly is not going to work as a watch/timekeeper anymore if I have to sync it by plugging it in every few hours!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I no longer wear the fit bit, got so fed up with trying to get the time correct and a lack of support from Fitbit, just wasn't worth the Angst anylonger.
Best Answer
0 Votes