Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth connection causing Bluetooth wireless headphones to cut out

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Android app v2. 50 released 5/30/17 when installed causes Bluetooth earphones to cut out, removed app and works fine, put app back in issue comes back, issue gone again after removing app again. Latest galaxy 7 Android updates installed on phone. Any confirmation of fix would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hey, hey, @CFKFB! Welcome to the Forums! Heart This is happening because the Bluetooth is trying to sync with your Fitbit and your earphones at the same time. Since your Android device is managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously, your earphones might stop working or get some interruptions. So if you're going to use Bluetooth Earphones; you can learn more about it by checking this article Is the Fitbit app for Android interfering with other Bluetooth devices?

I hope this helps, let me know! :}

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

HI SolangeFitbit, I appreciate the response but something is different now with this update. I've been using the app for well over 2years+ and it had worked fine until the update, even with the sync enabled.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CFKFB, I experienced this with my Skullcandy Bluetooth headphones when I was using the Connected GPS with the Charge 2.  I started the Fitbit app, started a Connected GPS activity on the Charge 2, opened the Bluetooth settings on the phone, selected the Skullcandy headphones, and told Bluetooth to forget the headphones.  Then I paired the headphones again. That resolved the problem with my phone - apparently forcing the headphones to get a different address on Bluetooth was all that it needed.  I don't know if yours will be the same problem, but you might try it.

Best Answer