Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta not connecting to my moto g4 plus

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I'm hoping this community will be able to help...

I have had my Alta since May of 2016. It connected fine to my moto x at first, but then began having problems. Resetting the tracker seemed to fix it most of the time.

Now I have a moto g4 plus, (Android 6.0.1). Again, Alta connected fine at first, but then began having problems. I have called the customer support line 3 or 4 times. I have tried numerous resettings of the Alta, turned the bluetooth on and off, turned the phone on and off, last month, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, they acutually sent me a new Alta last month! This new one connected fine, although it needed to be reset periodically. But now it's not connecting and nothing is working (and I have tried everything again). 

Through reading this website, I believe that my model phone is not supported currently. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas, or do I just have to wait until the firmware update is available on my phone...

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

A warm welcome to the Community @etaytoast! I'm sorry for the issue that you've had with your Fitbit Alta. Currently, Moto G4 Plus isn't a supported device. This may be the reason why it isn't syncing at all with it, it will sync properly once it's added to the list. 

In the meantime, can you please check if your tracker syncs with your computer? 

Hope this helps! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem with my brand new FitBit Alta. Any idea when the device will be a supported device? This is super frustrating since it worked initially great and then just stopped. Please put in a request from your customers to get the Moto G4 and G4 Plus supported asap. Thanks.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @KShau! I totally understanding your feeling. Fitbit is always trying to add new supported devices to the list.

I was checking the Feature Suggestion board and Moto G4 isn't in the board yet. You may want to post your idea because those are viewed by our engineers and developers and the best of this is that people can vote for them. 

Thanks for posting your idea! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will that be beuse i kinda mad about myslf so please get it so that it will quit the molar will the G4 plus please update the system again so it looks with the Motorola G4 Plus

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @Nicoletriggs199! Fitbit is always working to add more compatible devices to the list

Thanks for your understanding and patience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I had known that the Alta didn't work with a Moto G4 before I spent hours in the phone and the computer trying to get it to charge. 

I'll be returning it to Amazon. You really should give a better description of what devices are supported and let your customer service people know. She thought it might be an issue with the Alta battery. If it takes this long to support different phones I'll look elsewhere for a fitness band. 

It's too bad because I have been using the app for two years and enjoyed it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @Susiebelle! I'm sorry to hear about the experience that you've had with Customer Support, your feedback is truly appreciated as it totally help us to improve the customer service. 

You can check the list of supported devices here. You can also sync your tracker with a computer and user the app in your phone to log exercises and food. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer
0 Votes