Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Body fat % is added by default when logging weight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I reported this to support but they said to use this forum instead.

When logging weight I'm the Android app, the body fat % field defaults to 20 regardless of previous entries being blank. So, every time one logs, they have to manually erase that 20 before adding the actual value. It should default blank.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I've got the problem too, and its a pain

Best Answer

It's nice to see you both around @WengLim @SunsetRunner Woman Very Happy! Hmmm... I haven't heard this before my friends. 

But let me do a research, would you mind sending me screen shots showing this default of 20? 

I'll be awaiting for this, have a good one guys!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do I send the screenshot? There does not appear to be a way to attach pics to these posts on mobile at least.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured it out from the web interface.

Screenshot_20160715-070429.png

Best Answer

I am constantly following and logging my weight, and I hate this "feature" as well! Like what is the logic behind Fitbit defaulting a FALSE information to the % Body Fat field? I just don't understand the logic behind such decision. It is very annoying, can cause logging of false information, and it makes the use of the Fitbit app less enjoyable, causing frustration and customer dissatisfaction! So just bad for the business and brand image overall.. Super easy to fix, but apparently after 6 years of this being reported it has not been done. I could probably fix it over a coffee break even though I don't know much about coding.

Fitbit, PLEASE fix this annoyance asap! I want to have an enjoyable experience using your products and services ❤️

Best Answer

Over 6 years later and they still haven't fixed this... SO ANNOYING. There are so many issues in the fitbit app for android. 

Best Answer

Having the same issue. These fields should be separate and optional. I am now unable to remove the body fat percentage entirely. I am either forced to accept the default "20%" or need to enter manual value. 

As this data is frequently shared with my health care team I'd appreciate the option to log weight only so my data is accurate and not showing 20% inaccurately. 

Please fix this 5 year+ issue! 

Best Answer

What?

Delete the body% field and press save,then body% shows --,-

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

Or, you know, maybe... just maybe, the devs could do their jobs and fix the bug? 

Everything about the android app is screwy.  Save your goals in the android app using miles for distance.  Then review your goals on the web interface and see how accurate it is.  The web interface and ios apps match and work properly.  The android app has bad issues in many of the data entry fields. 

Best Answer

I log my body fat%, bit if I didn't it wouldn't be a big deal to delete the preset number before saving. When it comesto distance, it is accurate, but in the week view the app start over every monday, web shows last seven days. It's not a big deal.It's much more annoying that some excersize distances are incorrect. Like treadmill, you will never get it accurate, but steps * stride length would be closer to what it shows now. I don't have a clue on how the calculate distance on the mill.

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

What an odd stance to take, bud. The data is incorrect and there's no reason to prepopulate the field.

I even went out and bought a Fitbit scale to get around this problem but it was such an intermittently-working **ahem** that I returned it a week later.

Fitbit, default this value to zero OR the last value enterered, like the weight field. This is so simple.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you still work here? Please help.

Best Answer