Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit my activities - Fitbit Android App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is it that the only place I can edit activity details is on my iOS iPad? The only thing I can edit on my Android phone or PC is the title. I cannot edit the time to correct for times that the Fitbit did not recognize the activity.

My iPad died and now I cannot get accurate workout information into my log. I guess I could delete the auto recorded sessions and then add manual sessions but that is a bit more time consuming then just editing the original entry.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

It is great to see you around @Murph3048.

It is weird to hear that you can't edit your activities from your Android device. Please confirm these are the steps you are following to edit your exercises:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Exercise tile. This is the tile that says “Track exercise" or shows how many days you've exercised this week.
  2. Tap the exercise you want to edit.
  3. Tap the pencil icon to edit the exercise (on iOS, tap the 3 dots icon and find an option to edit or delete the exercise).

If you are not seeing this, a screenshot would be great.

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do those steps on my android phone and I can edit the exercise type but the start time and date, duration, and calories are shown but are grayed out.  The reset button is also not active.  I can edit type and "log it" or "cancel".  Those are my only three choices available. I don't know how to do a screen shot on my phone.

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Nearly every swim is one or two lengths short and it's impossible to edit the activity as it's greyed out. I have screenshots but cannot see an option to upload here. 

Best Answer

Screenshot showing that activity cannot be editedScreenshot showing that activity cannot be edited

Pencil icon tapped and this is what comes up so there is no possibility to edit

Best Answer

I don't have that pencil icon, so am also wondering how to edit a manually entered exercise.

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra,

I have the same issue. I've had the versa one month and am using the most up to date fitbit and Android software. The edit activity screen I get on the app is exactly the same as the screenshot posted in this thread.

I record rowing as a generic "workout" to get time and heart rate data, but I then want to change the title of the activity and edit the distance. It only allows me to edit the title and everything else is greyed out.

My friend, using iPhone, can edit every piece of activity info in her fitbit app so I don't understand why this function doesn't seem to be available for android users?

Furthermore, I can't even seem to edit those details in the fitbit web dashboard (using Google chrome on my phone). In the dashboard I can only delete or export the activity.

Is there a way to enable this function properly?

Best Answer

I have the same issue - is there a fix for this?

Best Answer

I have the same issue 8 months later. Guess they haven't fixed it. Smiley Sad

Best Answer

it looks like another function they have taken off of us on all platforms that I use as I cannot edit any activity and I used to be able to amend a customised entry at least once but no more no even the name I cannot change and I am on the latest app for android and the web dashboard - also it forces you to add a calorie count where as it used to be automatic based on heart rate - distance, steps taken within the times put in - how am I supposed to know how many calories I personally burn doing 15 mins of sit ups and 15 mins of press ups - I now have to go to calories burned log it down on paper then manually input these exercises and guess how much each exercise used what amount of calories - this is definitely a step in the backwards direction and needs to be sorted - but I guess it is more important for the page to look a certain way than for it to actually be useful

regards

Wayne

Charge 2, 3 - Windows 8.1 - Samsung S6, S8, S9 - Each day we learn something new is a day not wasted
Best Answer

Still activities cannot be edited and now the flex 2 is over calculating swimming, sometimes to the extent of 10 extra lengths! This is happening every time I swim. 

Best Answer

why has this still not been resolved. It makes the device basically useless for my purposes as many other shave said here too. It works fine on apple but not android. So I chnage phone and now my fitbit is useless?! Please advise when this will be fixed?

Best Answer

ya. every day my Ionic seems to have been a bigger waste.  No pencil.   Can't correct a treadmill run to it's actual distance ... without a freakin pencil.   So yet another warning shared in case prospective buyers are looking around.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue - cannot edit the details of my exercise either on android or dashboard on PC.

Best Answer

oh hey and twice now i've almost thrown out my Ionic watch because when intentionally shutting it down to restart it,  it doesnt restart or respond to charging. Just dead.

... you have to wait a few days for the battery to die, then charge it.

Best Answer

I can ONLY delete my activities...see screenshot

Screenshot_20200423-135409_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

Forgot to turn off my tracking for an exercise and now it thinks I worked out for 3 hours. Only solution is to delete the activity as I can not edit the end time.

Best Answer

This is incredibly frustrating! for any of the Activities that I've initiated, there is no pencil icon and the only option is to delete it altogether. The pencil icon only appears for Activities that were auto-created by Fitbit.

This is useless for trying to correct the End time after I jump in the car and drive off from a run without ending an Activity that I initiated.

*Using Charge 4 with GPS tracking during runs. My pace is looking AMAZING when I forget to end the Activity though!

Robert_B_1-1599925958009.png

Best Answer

When is Fitbit going to fix the fact that we can't edit activities on android and pc?  Having the option to delete but not edit does not solve the problem.  What the heck?  Should I buy a specific Android device next time or is Fitbit going to do something about this?

Best Answer

Yes this!!! - I have exactly the same issue. I regularly run 5 miles and sometimes the distance isn't accurate so I would like to be able to go back edit the distance. Very Frustrating! 

Best Answer