Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit my activities - Fitbit Android App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is it that the only place I can edit activity details is on my iOS iPad? The only thing I can edit on my Android phone or PC is the title. I cannot edit the time to correct for times that the Fitbit did not recognize the activity.

My iPad died and now I cannot get accurate workout information into my log. I guess I could delete the auto recorded sessions and then add manual sessions but that is a bit more time consuming then just editing the original entry.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
41 REPLIES 41

I went to Garmin and love it! Fitbits kept breaking, too...

Best Answer

Fitbit could not seem to care less that every android user in the world impacted by this issue and its costing them support. They don't even bother replying to emails to their support team on this topic. They have said more than once they will revert with a timeline and years pass with no reply. Its a joke

Best Answer

Very upset about the App. No possibility to connect a belt heart reat monitor to get an accurate heart rate (the versa is not accurate at all), cannot edit the workout to correct time or else. This app is not very professional. So I use another app more serious to get the data collected correctly and then connect this app to fitbit. But at the end I do not know if it worth all this time and complication. It would be better to buy a more serious sport watch...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also cant edit my exercises, just gives me a delete option. Im using Samsung Galaxy Note 20.

Best Answer

@bo2pooh you can't edit recorded activities. Android app doesn't allow it. Users have been asking for this feature for years yet nothing happened.

Best Answer

Under consideration (for Android only, by Google aka by Fitbit) since 2014

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue 4 years later. Is it still not possible to get this option both on iOS and Android?

Best Answer

Hello everybody!

Thanks for reaching out regarding the activities on the Fitbit app. Please note that you can only edit an activity that has been automatically recorded by your Fitbit device. However, manually started activities cannot be changedOn PC I cannot edit manually logged activities either, so that is expected behavior. I appreciate your understanding. 

You can submit this as a feature suggestion (click here), so other members of the Community can comment and vote for it. This is the best way to make your voice heard. Our developing team regularly checks these out. You will also be able to gather "kudos" for your suggested idea. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are unable edit automatically logged activities either on an android...
Best Answer

@RodrigoMFitbit The feature has been released  on May 18th, 2018 (nearly 4 years ago) for iOS only (see here).

For Android (you know, we are speaking about the OS, made by Google that is the owner of Fitbit) the relate suggestion (made by @LizFitbit following the release of the feature for iOS) is tagged as not planned.

Best Answer

I recently acquired an Apple phone, and loaded the Fitbit app. The Apple app is much better than the Android version. Thanks for nothing Fitbit 😞

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer

I am having the same issue. I get busy and forget to stop a workout and am unable to modify the stop time. The 3 dots only give me one option.. delete. 

Best Answer

It's the year 2022, and this issue has not been resolved.  It's frustrating beyond belief that Google doesn't seem to give a **ahem** about Fitbit (I am also experiencing another issue from years ago - the app gets confused by mi/km).

One of the problems with only having the ability to delete activities, is that it deletes all of the logged steps, etc. for that time period!  They're gone.  It's like you were just sitting down the whole time.

Give us the ability to EDIT.  ffs

Best Answer

Hi @Yellowknife  - haven't tried this but did you try to log a parallel activity, such as driving, which may remove any extra steps you don't want?

Also you can edit the type of activity.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ problem with not being able to edit activity on Android shows up also when watch dies. The activity is preserved but the end of activity is marked when the watch is turned back on. Last time it added little over extra hour to time of the activity when it happened. Editing would solve the issue. Sometimes I think that nobody who works on those devices and software ever uses it.

Best Answer

@t.parker - granted edit could be useful but might cause people to cheat

What happens if you add a driving exercise for that extra hour? It would be interesting to know from someone with a good understanding of the issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Edit is necessary because we cannot rely on the Fitbit technology yet. My swimm distance is most of the time a pure fantasy. Sometimes the GPS is not reliable also. Which is comprehensible, but we should be able to adjust if you plan to use the log seriously. Everybody does it for himself and not for Fitbit or the comununity. If anyone cheat, it is his problem and not ours.

Best Answer

Hi @jmjobin - it is agreed it would be useful and there are loads of feature suggestions to this effect from many other people.

Best Answer

@Guy_ it depends what you consider cheating. If steps then there is a better way of cheating - put watch on the power drill 🤣

More seriously, why can't Fitbit check how competitors deal with editing and challenges. Challenges are not a domain of Fitbit only (and this is yet anothet field neglected by Fitbit). Basically, one of competitors has two ways of editing - manual and automatic. Automatic corrects distance and elevation using the GPS and DEM data and this is valid in challenges. Manually it's possible to edit anything but then only some edits don't affect challenges. Trimming activity (which cannot be undone) allows activity into challenge. Changing stats like pace, average speed etc. disqualify activity. I'm not sure about steps because I don't do steps challenges.

And there is even better way to find out how to deal with challenges. Why not just look at the iOS app that allows editing activities! This feature is available for iOS and it's been there for very long time 🙂

Best Answer

And, for completeness on what @t.parker said, the related feature suggestion asking for feature parity has been labeled as NOT CURRENTLY PLANNED, you can safely remove the word CURRENTLY

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer