Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget colors for food plan - cross-platform

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So... let me get this straight. If I starve myself for a week straight, I get a "caution" light as if I'm just a little under-budget... same color. Nice, cool orange.

But if I'm 51 calories over budget - in my case a budget set to a 500 calorie deficit that makes such an overage trivial - then I get a nice, red "WARNING" light. This can be quite distressing to someone with an eating disorder or food-related anxiety... say someone whose mother has brow-beaten her into eating less than 1k a day and still thinking she's over-eating. This can also mess even with less troubled people who just don't understand nutritional dynamics very well.

It's also just... poor design overall. Green, yellow and red are commonly used as colors of severity. So then, why is that not what is happening here? On-budget should be green. The further you get, the redder it should be... whether it's just green, yellow and red, has orange as another stage, or is a steady gradiant.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @ELRinley, thank you for your great feedback!  The color scheme used for the food plan is not designed with that intention. In fact it is a simple design to keep the versatility to review the information of your calories goal.

When you are under budget the gauge of the food plan meter will mark Yellow as a warning you are not getting to your goals and you still have calories left to eat.

The next color will be Green, which indicates you have hit your calorie intake goal.

The next color it may vary according to the platform but the meaning is the same. In the online dashboard is represented as Orange and in the Fitbit app is Red. This indicate you are over-budget and is red or orange as a warning that you are not following the food plan or you are not having enough activity on your day to compensate the calorie intake.

If this is something in which you're interested, please visit our Feature Suggestion Board and post your idea. This is a great way to let us know what you'd like to see in the future!

See you around and thank you for your interest to improve the Fitbit experience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes