Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in food entry since 2.50 upgrade

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using a Samsung A5, running Android 6.0.1.  Since the upgrade to Fitbit 2.50 I experience a consistent problem.  When I start the Fitbit app to log food I have a problem with the entry of the first item.  It doesn't matter whether I spell the name of the food or choose it from my Frequent foods.  I enter in the quantity and tap next, then I enter in the unit of measure and when the screen refreshes the value of the quantity has changed back to the default value that was there when I first called up the food.  I rekey the quantity and rechoose the unit of measure and the problem is resolved.  This happens every time.  The problem was not there in the last release.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

I have the same problem since updating to v 2.50.  You have to enter it a few times before it takes.  This is certainly a bug in the app since I'm running the app on my BlackBerry KEYone running Android 7.1.1

I also notice that the app is a lot slower now.

Hopefully this will be resolved in the next app update.  

Best Answer

I'm wondering if you're making any progress on this bug.  Every time I log in to enter food I have to enter the value three times, enter a unit of measure then go back enter the value again and then re-enter the unit of measure again.  It really seems like a stupid waste of time. 

Best Answer

Same problem here, it's absolutely infuriating.  I have a Nexus 5x.

I've noticed that you can see the refresh 'flicker' happen when it's been doing this.  The quantity for a known item will refresh at least 3-4 times in the first few seconds that the food item has shown up, and any attempt to change the quantity is pointless until it stops.  However, I don't think it happens when you use the "log and add more" option for the second food you log and subsequent ones.

Come on, Fitbit!  This is a regression issue, and should be relatively easy to fix!

Best Answer

Same problem here. Fitbit version 2.60.1, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Android version 7.0.

Serving size in add/edit food keeps refreshing and overriding entered value. As a web app developer myself I'd say it looks like an AJAX call that's failing and retrying. Please fix this Fitbit, it's very annoying. Thanks!

Best Answer

I first reported this June 10th, today is November 15th.  There's been no fix, in fact I think it's worse. There's been no acknowledgement from anybody representing Fit Bit that a problem even exists although other people have reported it as well.  For myself, I'm profoundly fed up and don't want to go through this anymore so in the interest of my own peace of mind I'm going to stop using the app.

Best Answer

Hi there @Al_M@MattJ71 and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @wolfemi1 and @neiljsmith. I would like to offer a sincere apology to all of you since as you mentioned @Al_M, there has not been an official response on this thread about this issue.

This subject has been discussed in small individual threads and indeed, it was a bug in the Fitbit app. I went back to review this and this bug was fixed in previous versions of the Fitbit app. So I would like to recommend the following post for you to try a possible solution: Food logs amounts keep resetting back.

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Roberto,

i followed your advice two times now and the problem is back within a day or two. Amount and portion is setting back.

Best Answer

Hi Roberto. I also followed the advice you linked to, which suggested: log out of app/clear cache/force stop/reboot but I can report that the bug persists. Please advise when you have a working fix. 

Best Answer
I’ve followed the method outlined in the email that you sent me twice and in each case the problem has come back in approximately a day. I’m running version 2.62 of the app which according to the Google Play Store is the current version. This bug has not been fixed and as I said in my previous email, it has been in the product since at least June 10th.

Regards,
Al Maki

Roberto wrote:

Hi there @Al_M , @MattJ71 and welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community @wolfemi1 and @neiljsmith . I would like to offer a sincere apology to all of you since as you mentioned @Al_M , there has not been an official response on this thread about this issue.

This subject has been discussed in small individual threads and indeed, it was a bug in the Fitbit app. I went back to review this and this bug was fixed in previous versions of the Fitbit app. So I would like to recommend the following post for you to try a possible solution: Food logs amounts keep resetting back .

I’ve followed the method outlined in the email that you sent me twice and in each case the problem has come back in approximately a day.
Best Answer

Just received yet another app update, and the bug is still there.  I'm on version 2.62.1

Best Answer

This bug seems to be everlasting. Can it really be that hard to fix? Two phones over about a year and the issue persists. Come on Fitbit, you should be embarrassed to not resolve such a tiny, yet crucial issue.

Best Answer

Multiple attempts, three different phones, over 6 years after this was first reported, and THIS IS STILL NOT FIXED!
Fitbit is all gloss, no substance. Please fix these basic problems.

Best Answer