Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging food - resets portion

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
When logging food from recent or frequent, the app keeps overriding my input for the portion. E.g. 2 cups of coffee was recently logged. I had one this morning, so I selected that entry fit the 2 cups from recent, changed it to 1 serve but as I closed the keyboard, the number reset to 2.
Very annoying, is this something you could fix please? Should be able to change this value.
Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Welcome to the forums @rjurd! I hope you are having a great day  Smiley Very Happy

I'd like to report that we've had some reports regarding the food logs not editing, and our development team is aware of this issue. They'll be investigating this further and see what can be done to get this fixed.

Let me know if you have any questions, happy stepping! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

is there a status update on this issue? It's very frustrating. I switched from a competitor for this and am so far not very pleased. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @Kate7172! Please know that our engineering team is already aware of this and they are already working to help you get back to logging accurately; hopefully this will be very soon.

Let me know if you have any questions, have a great week! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes! Finally I found a post on this problem. I still experience this issue and I've been using the fitbit android app since the beginning of January. I must say that it is the single most frustrating part of the app, so much so that I will always choose the computer to log food if available. If the development team could expedite a fix for this, it would be much appreciated.
Best Answer

This has been a significant problem for me as well when I use the Android FitBit app on my LG phone. I have been using the app for almost a year now and I have been dealing with it for most of that time. It occurs when I either go to edit the portion size of a previously entered food item, or enter a new item that has a default portion size. More often than not, the portion size will reset. Sometimes this happens very quickly (i.e., immediately after my finger leaves the backspace key), but it also can take a few seconds (i.e., right as I press the save key). Sometime when it happens as I hit the save key it actually records the correct amount. More frequently it will record the default portion size, forcing me to go back and repeat this extremely frustrating procedure. Please do something to fix this extremely annoying problem.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
Yes this is exactly how I'm experiencing it. The frustration this bug
causes is unbearable at times. Please fix.

Please everyone keep this post live so that it attracts the attention it
deserves.
Best Answer

Having exact same issue. I put the correct number of servings into the screen, and when I scroll down to log it, it resets the number to what it was before I changed it. Sometimes it is the default entry if I have not used that item before, sometimes it is the value that I had entered the previous time I had logged it.
When will this be fixed, seems to have been around for a while.

Android 6 Samsung s5

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem and I cannot believe that this issue is already more than one and a half years old and still not fixed!

Best Answer

I put all my food eaten into my app and often weigh what I eat so I have an accurate total to aid weightloss. For example I eat fruit salad for breakfast and I weigh each thing into my bowl as I go.

When I put the food into my app, as I go to change the grams for each item the total flicks straight back to the previous amount logged. E.g. one morning i might have 100g strawberries and the next 150g. If i go to type 150 the app flips back to 100g several times before finally accepting the 150. It's really annoying and takes a lot of time faffing about to get it right.

Can anyone explain why this is happening? For info I am using an android device paired with a Charge 2.

Best Answer

Happens to me too, it's very annoying. You write the quantity, scroll donw for the Add button, and in an instant it switches to the previous measurement. Sometimes I have to reset the quantity 5-6 times until it lets me write the new one. Hoped that this problem would be solved with an update, but the last 2-3 updates didn't work on this one...

Best Answer

Ah thank goodness I'm not the only one. I changed my phone and wondered if that may have fixed it. Alas, no! One of the most annyoying bugs I've ever encountered. It's just bad functionality and needs to be addressed.

Best Answer

Is there any update on this issue? It has been 2 years since this was reported and I've personably called and reported this also but the problem continues. 

Best Answer

Yes! C'mon. It should not be beyond the wit of your engineers to resolve this.

Best Answer

@HelenaFitbit wrote:

Welcome to the forums @Kate7172! Please know that our engineering team is already aware of this and they are already working to help you get back to logging accurately; hopefully this will be very soon.

Let me know if you have any questions, have a great week! Smiley Happy

Are they still working on this? getting a little tired of the issue now.

Best Answer

Bug still exists and is nearly two years old, please prioritize it. 

Best Answer

Has Fitbit deprecated the Android Fitbit App? Will nobody ever address this bug? 

Best Answer

This thread was started OVER 2 years ago and the bug is still in the Fitbit app. I constantly have to fight to enter food as it'll reset the serving side before I have the chance to submit it.

Example: Search Chocolate kiss, default serving size is set to "Serving" and some random number. Two things can happen:

1. If I am simply editing the number, I will delete the number that is there, enter the number I want, and before I can save the log it'll reset the number to what the default value is. I have to go through this process 3 or 4 times it seems before it'll leave the number I enter long enough for me to submit it.

2. I want to edit the measurement, not the portion. So change "Serving" to "Pieces". 1 Piece is 23 calories, 1 serving is several hundred. I change it to "pieces" but before I can submit the log, it'll reset it back to "Serving". I again have to fight with it 3 or 4 times before it'll let me submit what I want.

How is it acceptable to have this bug after two years? I'm tracking EVERY calorie with your app, and I have to fight with the app 90% of the time. The last time someone from Fitbit commented in here was March of 2016!

Best Answer

Edit:this fixed my problem for a day /edit

For those that find this thread in the future, the solution (that worked for me) was found here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Editing-serving-size-is-not-changing-and-some-suggestion...

You have to actually logout of your account in the app (click your account tab in the upper right corner, scroll to the bottom and click "log out"). Log back in, and the problem appears to be gone, but you'll have to set up the main page of your app if you've edited it (where the different options sit, not a big deal).

Best Answer

Logging out worked briefly but the old bug soon returned (Next meal, same day)

Best Answer
0 Votes