Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging food - resets portion

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
When logging food from recent or frequent, the app keeps overriding my input for the portion. E.g. 2 cups of coffee was recently logged. I had one this morning, so I selected that entry fit the 2 cups from recent, changed it to 1 serve but as I closed the keyboard, the number reset to 2.
Very annoying, is this something you could fix please? Should be able to change this value.
Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Yeah you are right. It came back for me too less than 24 hours later

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reported this 6 months ago too. It's useless to say we're working on it and have no resolution after 2 years. The food module in its entirety is poor.

1) Portion / Serving size reverting to previous amounts before you can get to log the item.

2) Food database is nowhere near comprehensive enough. Many of the things I try to find are just not in there.

3) The search function is appalling. Half the time the suggestions after a search are completely irrelevant and even if I've logged something two or three days previous sometimes it can't find it or if it does it's about 30 items down the list.

This kind of functionality is pretty basic and very necessary to a successful food monitoring module. I have to ask why the module, being so unfit for purpose, has not been completely redesigned in the last two years if it's clearly too difficult for the engineers to fix?

Fitbit - we have put money in your pockets by buying your devices, please show us the courtesy of replying with a satisfactory explanation / update.

Best Answer

Adding anther user/ complainer on this issue. My wife add I got our fitbits about 6 months ago now and love the food tracking. The override every time I try to change a portion is enfuriating. 

Most everything else is not so bad though I would like to see some of my database posts maker it on though.

Best Answer

Adding anther user/ complainer on this issue. My wife add I got our fitbits about 6 months ago now and love the food tracking. The override every time I try to change a portion is enfuriating. 

Most everything else is not so bad though I would like to see some of my database posts maker it on though.

Best Answer

I'm not sure how it was reported, but this board is where Fitbit users help each other with Fitbit problems, if a monitor doesn't stumble over the post then yes there will not be any comments by Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Lauewrote:

I'm not sure how it was reported, but this board is where Fitbit users help each other with Fitbit problems, if a monitor doesn't stumble over the post then yes there will not be any comments by Fitbit. 

The second post in this thread is from a mod stating that the Dev team is aware of the issue and investigating a fix. This was over two years ago, and still no fix.

Is there a better place to post about bugs then the literal help forums of fitbit?

Best Answer

bump

The fitbit app still fights me on tracking my calories every single time I use it. I've switched to my fitness pal instead, which is ridiculous (MFP works great, ridiculous that I have to use something other then Fitbit to use a functional main feature).

Best Answer

I agree, I'm getting more and more irritated by it. I literally want chuck my phone at the wall sometimes. Tonight it took me nearly 10 minutes to put 11 items that I ate for my tea into the app. I'm only persevering because I bought the fitbit to monitor calories and exercise for weightloss and I can't afford to stop.  What on earth prevents fitbit app engineers from fixing this like they reported the teams were doing two years ago? Do you even care, fitbit? It seems not.

Best Answer

@SquidgyDebswrote:

I agree, I'm getting more and more irritated by it. I literally want chuck my phone at the wall sometimes. Tonight it took me nearly 10 minutes to put 11 items that I ate for my tea into the app. I'm only persevering because I bought the fitbit to monitor calories and exercise for weightloss and I can't afford to stop.  What on earth prevents fitbit app engineers from fixing this like they reported the teams were doing two years ago? Do you even care, fitbit? It seems not.

I know how you feel, @SquidgyDebs

Persist, though, it's worth it. 

I tend to eat the same quantities of items, so don't suffer too much from the bug; it helps to simply delete the pre-populated quantities repeatedly without entering anything, four or five times, then you can freely enter an amount and scroll down to hit Log without it being over-written. 

I may give Myfitnesspal a go - apparently this can be used to track food intake (complete with barcode scanning in the UK) and push the calorie total to Fitbit.

Good luck with the weight loss.

Best Answer

As many of you have seen, the Fitbit software leaves a LOT to be desired - it's buggy, incomplete, old and tired.  My wife and I have used a Fitbit device for several years, upgrading to the Charge 2 a couple months ago.  I have seen numerous problems with it, as well - miscounted steps, number of floors climbed, etc.  I think it's time to start looking around...

Best Answer

Hi there Fitbit friends and a warm welcome to those newcomers of the Fitbit Community! I was reading each of your posts and thank you for bringing these reports to my attention, rest assure we hear you and from my behalf I have pass your feedback to our teams.

Since I understand this issue could be frustrating, in the meantime I would like to recommend the integration of MyFitnessPal. I've seen some of you have recommended this too and it would be a great alternative due to the fact this is an official supported app that will work with your Fitbit Dashboard to help you all to reach your goals.

For more details feel free to visit the following link: MyFitnessPal.

Thank you for your patience and hope this alternative works out for you.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You say you hear us, Roberto, but it has been over two years since this was reported.

Best Answer

It's always the same with fibbit. They say that they hear us but they are not listening. I too have the same problem with measurements. For some strange reason occasionally teaspoons of sugar switches to cups and to add insult to injury I use British imperial measures where possible. I'm old, metric means sweet fanny Adams to me. 

Why should I have to use another app to supply a service that fibbit are supposed to be providing. Why can't I use the barcode scanner. It's there and there is nothing to inform me that it doesn't work here.

The more I see on these threads the more obvious it becomes that many of the problems that we customers experience are long term and ongoing because they don't give a monkeys.

I am a very basic user with a charge 2 but when it either gives up the ghost or fibbit have updated it to fubar status I don't think I will get another especially considering the prices of the newer items. 

Best Answer

@RobertoMEwrote:

Hi there Fitbit friends and a warm welcome to those newcomers of the Fitbit Community! I was reading each of your posts and thank you for bringing these reports to my attention, rest assure we hear you and from my behalf I have pass your feedback to our teams.

And? Are they working on it? Are they able to reproduce? Is there an ETA? Is there a better way to report software bugs?

I'm trying to give the benefit of doubt here, but it looks an awful lot like this application and its users are not a priority for Fitbit. That's OK (I guess), you all get to decide what is and is not important to work on, but it isn't unreasonable to expect that you'd communicate as much to your users.

Since I understand this issue could be frustrating, in the meantime I would like to recommend the integration of MyFitnessPal. I've seen some of you have recommended this too and it would be a great alternative due to the fact this is an official supported app that will work with your Fitbit Dashboard to help you all to reach your goals.

For more details feel free to visit the following link: MyFitnessPal.

Yeah, recommending an alternative seems like an implicit admission that the Fitbit app is going nowhere...

Thank you for your patience and hope this alternative works out for you.

Best Answer

@RobertoME wrote:

I was reading each of your posts and thank you for bringing these reports to my attention, rest assure we hear you and from my behalf I have pass your feedback to our teams.

Are you joking? In more than 2 years you haven't been able to even start to fix a ridicolously simple issue of a buggy app and now you're writing us that "you hear us"?

Best Answer

Chill out @luca85, @RobertoME has as much control over the developers and the path Fitbit takes, as you do. He is not in the position to "fix" any problem with your tracker. 

As the quote you quoted states, Roberto passed has passed your thoughts on to the team that has the:abilty to do something about the "problem"

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not blaming him personally, who am I supposed to complain with? This is the only available channel. And he's representing officially the company...

Best Answer

Multiple attempts, three different phones, over 6 years later, and THIS IS STILL NOT FIXED!
Fitbit is all gloss, no substance. Please fix these basic problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes