Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing serving size is not changing and some suggestions

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ok so since I started using the "food plan" thing I really love using the fitbit app to track my food. But there are some issues with it, and I have some ideas that would make it better.

The problem is when I go to add a food that I had previously eaten. When I try to change the serving size, like the weight of my cereal or how many scoops of protein, the number doesn't want to change. I'll delete the 1 and change it to 2, and the app will change it back to 1 before I can even click "log". It does it repeatedly too, which makes it really annoying. I sit there spamming "delete" on the keyboard until it stops then enter my new number. Please fix. On Pixel XL with current version as of 8/8/2017.

Ideas for stuff I'd like to see added. Maybe not the right place to put it but whatever. I'd really like to see a homescreen widget for this circled part of the app. It takes a few clicks to get there, so it'd be much more convenient to have this just on the home screen to easily look at. Just take that part in red, add a "refresh" button and a "last synced __:__" bit and I'd be happy. 

InkedScreenshot_20170808-222708_LI.jpg

Could also use a multi-add option for logging food like in myfitnesspal. Best example would be for situations where you're getting food at somewhere Chipotle or Subway, it's easier to just check off the boxes for the options you add to the food than it is do a new search for each item. 

Lastly, an option to change the macronutrient display from a percentage to just how many grams of each I've eaten. I don't care so much about the percent, I just want to know if I hit my protein goal for the day. Only showing percentages makes that too tricky, and I'm not about to try and get the math to convert that back. Unless that's an option and I'm missing it.

Hope this all made sense and something can be done about some of them!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there @UNDEADtofu1337, it's nice to see you again. The last time I saw you was about the app was logging you out. How did it go?

Now, I was reading your post and you have brought pretty interesting ideas. But let's go straight to your main concern about the serving size is not changing when you tried to edit them.

There was a similar issue that was a bug within the app. However this was resolved with the most recent app updates. I tried to replicate the scenario with my phone and I wasn't able to see the issue. I remember about mentioning something similar in your other post, but try to log out from the app and restart your phone and log back in again. It should correct the serving size edit issue.

About your other two subjects, if you are interest in having a widget for other type of stats of your Dashboard, feel free to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board or visit and support this idea with your vote and comments if is of your interest. It's similar from what you would like to see in the future.

Regarding the option of multi-add for food logging you'll find this idea interesting: Multi-add feature. It needs more support and wold be nice to have your vote here too.

For grams instead of percentage in Macronutrients, there is also an idea which is getting popular and is quite new. Take a look here: macros in grams instead of only percentages in the app.

Our Feature suggestion board is a great way to let us know what you'd like to see in the Fitbit app. Our product development teams consult regularly to ensure we're delivering on what our users need and want.

See you later and thank you for your interest to improve the Fitbit experience.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fix for the log out issue seems to have fixed it. However, I tried what you said for the serving size problem and it's still happening.

I'll go and vote for the related topics you linked. I must have missed the "feature suggestion" button.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing is happening on my phone as well. Every time i change the serving size, it changes right back. I'm on the current version - it has not been fixed. Maybe fitbit needs to try their app on android 8.0. I have a Pixel XL

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also for the macronutrient breakdown, make it clear whether the percentages represent the calories for each category as opposed to grams. Fat is ~9 kcal/gm as opposed to 4 cal/gm for the other two, and fiber is 0 kcal/gm for all practical purposes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having exactly the same problem as others have reported - having to change the number and the dropdown for "servings" to grams or ml but having it reset itself over and over again.  It's infuriating!

Best Answer

The serving size issue is still a problem. I don't get it. I see threads going back over two years on this.

I've logged out, logged in, logged out again, logged in. Cleared the cache. Cleared the cache again. 

I've uninstalled, reinstalled. NOTHING FIXES THIS ISSUE! WHY CAN'T IT BE FIXED!

Running version 2.77.

Best Answer

As soon as this Fitbit quits working, which will most likely happen soon, I'm switching to an Apple watch. By the plethora of products that Fitbit puts out, their only focus is obviously on generating revenue and not supporting current users and fixing known and infuriating problems with their software. Woe to the ignorant masses that are getting sucked in to a company that is oblivious to how fed up their current customer base is.

Best Answer