Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in lbs lost on Weight graphs - Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Android version 4.4.2 on Galaxy S3 with Fitbit v 2.17 there is a bug in the Weight lost data.  When I click on "lbs to go" from the Dashboard I correctly see that I've lost 6 lbs since Dec 19. (A) When I click on the graph for more detail, the 1 Month view shows a loss of 4.6 lbs from Dec 20.  While that is accurate from Dec 20, since I'm writing this on January 16th, I'm not sure why the 1 month view is showing my data from less than 1 month ago (B).  Interestingly, if I slide the graph to the right to capture data from my starting point to include it and today it is correct showing my 6 lb loss (C).  While I can live with that anomoly in the 1 month view where it initially presents less than 1 month of data, the bigger problem is the 3 Month view that says I've only lost 4 lbs, which is clearly wrong (D) and the 1 Year view says I've only lost 2.6 lbs, also clearly wrong (E).  

I don't know how the app treats the unknown weights before I started entering data.  It must be using less than my starting weight to give the lower than accurate readings for the period that is in excess of my starting point.  There is no problem with the calculations I see on the website from my browser.  It correctly show 6 lbs lost for all time period views.

Please fix this.  

(A)

(A) Goal Progress

(B)

(B) Wrong 1 month lost

(C)

(C) Correct 1 month loss

(D)

(D) incorrect 3 month loss

(E)

(E) incorrect 1 year loss

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Very welcome to the Community @ScuddycatSmiley Happy Thanks for sharing your screenshots. You can fix this issue by updating your Fitbit app. Could you please let me know if you already have the latest version of the Fitbit app?, because the latest version was realized on January 25. 

Let me know if the issue persist, I'll be around! Smiley Wink

Community Moderator Tarin | Community Moderator

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TarinFitbit wrote:

Very welcome to the Community @ScuddycatSmiley Happy Thanks for sharing your screenshots. You can fix this issue by updating your Fitbit app. Could you please let me know if you already have the latest version of the Fitbit app?, because the latest version was realized on January 25. 

Let me know if the issue persist, I'll be around! Smiley Wink

I just updated and the problem is still there.  

I've now lost 10.8 lbs since Dec 18th.  The 3 month view says I've only lost 10.5 lbs and the 1 year view says I've only lost 8.8 lbs.

Clearly the Android version is still incorrect.

The web version continues to be correct.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry to hear that @Scuddycat! Have you tried to clean your Fitbit app browser cache?. You can try it by logging out from your Fitbit app, go to your phone settings and try to find the Fitbit app, tap it and hit on Clear Cache, after that Clear Data and finally, log back into your Fitbit app and Sync your tracker.

Keep me posted, I'll be aware of your case!

If this post was helpful vote for it or accept it as a solution! Remember challenge yourself and become better than yourself. Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It seems like it is getting more accurate as time marches on.  With nearly 2.5 months of data, the 3 month view is accurate and the 1 year view is only out by .1 lb

@TarinFitbit wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that @Scuddycat! Have you tried to clean your Fitbit app browser cache?. You can try it by logging out from your Fitbit app, go to your phone settings and try to find the Fitbit app, tap it and hit on Clear Cache, after that Clear Data and finally, log back into your Fitbit app and Sync your tracker.

Keep me posted, I'll be aware of your case!

.  I still think there is a bug, but it doesn't affect me so much...at least for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing @Scuddycat! Let me recommend our Discussion Board where you'll be able to find a lot of tips and info to improve you weight lost and hit your goals.

If the issue persist or if you need any additional help, just let me know! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes