Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Change calorie goal?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I sync with my fitness pal app which iis set for 1200 cal. budget per day is there a way to change calorie budget on fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi there @grandma24boys, its nice to see you have joined to the Fitbit Community. yes you can change your calorie goal.

Thee are two types of calories on your Dashboard. One is the calorie goal of what you are burning for the entire day. To change this go to your Account tab > In the Goals section tap on Activity > and change your calorie goal.

The other type of calories is your calorie allowance of your food plan or your calorie budget. This calories are managed by the type of Food plan you have set on your Fitbit account. so the more you exercise throughout the day, the greater your calorie allowance will be. Each plan has a deficit of calories from Easier to Harder increasing the deficit of calories accordingly. For more information please visit the following post.

With these calories there isn't a way to set a custom target using the app, since as I mentioned before is controlled by the type of food plan. Although you can use the Fitbit online - Dashboard on a computer to set your own calorie target for your food plan.

Go to the link I left above or log in to your Fitbit account on a browser at https://www.fitbit.com go to Log option and Food tile. Navigate with the side arrows on your Plan summary until you see the option of Edit plan > Here will prompt a new window to edit your current plan settings and select Next.

Calgoal 1.png

When you click in next, the window will display other options, click where it say "Set my own calorie target". Enter the amount of calories you want to eat per day and when you have finished, select Done.

calgoal2.png

Hope this help and if you have more questions keep me posted.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

The instructions to set my own calorie intake goal didn't work. I see that the instructions were written in Feb 2017. It's now Feb 2018, and it looks like they've taken away the ability to customize.

I tried the Android app, the Windows 10 dashoard and the Fitbit website. All any of them will let me do when I try to edit my food plan, is to set my weight goal.  After that, the system tells me what to do, with no option to override. My trainer gave me specific calorie intake goals, and it looks like I'll have to track them with some other app. 

Does anyone know if there is actually still a way to set your own daily "limit" for calories in?

Best Answer

HI there @KateFox, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! My apologies for the late response and rest assure this process hasn't changed.

The difference is that you can't do this from any of the apps of Fitbit, this option is available only through the web-Dashboard: https://www.fitbit.com/login.

If you tried to access using the Windows 10 app, you won't find this section either. Once you go to your web-Dashboard follow the steps I mentioned before.

Hope this get you in the right direction. Stick around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@KateFox  You should be able alter your Calorie Goal at the Web Dashboard level in the PC.

If you tried the Premium option when you first joined Fitbit and then cancelled it, you need to contact Support to have that fixed. There is a bug if you tried that.. You cannot then alter your Calories Burned Goal unless you have the Trainer tile...

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

thank you so much for the information, I set my new goal.  I was using Myfitnes-pal and the fit bit but I waned-it  all together, I haven't been able to figure it out till now.

Thank you 

Gloria

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate the reply.  I did use the online dashboard, but your explanation that it won't work with Windows 10 at least answers why it still didn't work. Unfortunately, I only have access to Windows 10 machines. Very frustrating. Hopefully, Fitbit will fix that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateFoxI notice you have Android.. If you have a browser on there you can change the Calorie Goal there.  I use Firefox and Chrome on the Android..

@KateFoxwrote:

I appreciate the reply.  I did use the online dashboard, but your explanation that it won't work with Windows 10 at least answers why it still didn't work. Unfortunately, I only have access to Windows 10 machines. Very frustrating. Hopefully, Fitbit will fix that.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

I found out how to set your calorie goal using the dashboard with windows 10. You will need to proceed with selecting a setting (easy, medium, hard). Once you select that you will have the option to set your calorie goal.

Best Answer

This fixed my problem.  Selecting a plan then brings up the link to select your own calories.  Thanks for posting this even though its been quite a while.

Best Answer

@RobertoME,

I have followed the directions until the "Edit Plan" button on Chrome, but the "Edit Plan" button does not work for me. 

Best Answer

May 16, 2020 - this information was extremely helpful, I was stuck trying to figure it out for an hour before googling. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi,  I did as you said several months ago and set my manual calorie consumption target.  Now that I've met my weight goal, I want to change calorie consumption to a new number and it won't provide the screens you've shown above.   I get  the first two windows you posted as I'm now wanting to maintain my current weight but the 3rd does not show up, nor the 4th which allows you to set your manual calorie consumption.  I have an Inspire.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this on a google chromebook. I had to click the food tile and the settings button underneath. There was a calorie deficit goal and underneath says "set a new goal" and manual calorie goal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes