Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I remove steps I haven't taken?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've only been out of bed for 2 hours this morning and only done my usual pottering around getting ready and sorting the kids out, next minute my Fitbit versa 3 started vibrating and telling me that I'd earned a certain badge and when I looked I had 140,000 steps registered!! I have not done anywhere near this, I've barely done 1000! Is there a reason this would of happened and how do I remove them as they are not my steps and they have messed with my average daily steps as a result? I don't have mobile track synced or any other apps. 

TIA 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@OliviaHx Welcome to the forums. Thanks for you inquiry regarding the step count on the Fitbit app. Thanks for the explanation. That is definitely not normal. However, there are some factors that could amount to this step count. Did you take your Fitbit device off and left it on a table or similar? If you took it off, did you leave it on top of a vibration source? Say a fan or similar?

Please make sure you do not have the "SmartTrack" option enabled on the Fitbit app. This feature lets the Fitbit app use your smartphone as a Fitbit device in order for it to count steps. This has been a reason for a massive steps before. So please be so kind to deactivate this, if it is set up. 

You can always delete steps that you have taken by logging a "driving" activity. In this case, please tap on the tile for the steps. You will receive a list of days with the total step count on the side. Tap on the desired day. There you will be able to tell when the massive additional steps were recorded. Log a "driving" activity for this period of time so that the steps will be overwritten. 

Have a nice day!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Thank you for your response, the watch was on my wrist at the time and I wasn't doing anything unusual. The steps just went up from 0-140,000 in a few minutes so I just did as you advised and logged that time period as a driving activity and that's worked so thank you very much 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes