Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change time to daylight savings time on Fitbit Charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you change from standard to daylight savings time?  There's no entry for  central daylight time, which is what I need.  I thought it would have changed automatically but it didn't.  Thanks 

Best Answer
71 REPLIES 71

Good question.  Mine did not change automatically either.

Best Answer
My charge hr did not change & will not sync, even a forced sync, with everything working great until this morning
Best Answer

My fitbit didn't switch to daylight savings time!  How do I do that?

Best Answer

My Charge did not change until I forced a sync.  I am wondering if this works for DST or changing to Standard Time.  It doesn't seem to work for travelling between time zones. 

Best Answer

Mine just corrected the time only because I plugged it in to recharge for a while. I was also logged into my Fitbit page at the same time. When I unplugged it, the time was correct for daylight savings time!

* Edited by moderator: Text in all capital letters

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everybody and happy day light savings time.

I would recommend double checking to make sure that you have configured your App settings to accommodate day light savings time. In order to do so, please: open the Fitbit App > tap the three lined button in the top left-hand corner > click settings on the pulldown > make sure that you have the correct time zone selected and make sure 'set automatically' is checked > force sync your tracker for changes to take effect. Hope this helps.

Derrick | Retired Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
My fitbit charge hr changed and set to one hour ahead but my active minutes and workout has me at TWO hours ahead on my android app. I did my workout at 2pm. My phone says I did it at 3pm. What's with that?? I deleted the app and re installed it. It didn't help.
Best Answer
Did update for Daylight savings time, but alarms go off at correct time. Is there a fix for this?
Best Answer
Charge HR didn't update for Daylight savings time, but my alarms are still going off at the correct time. Is there a fix for this issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My time on my fitbit changed once I synced it to my computer. My issue is it shows I always synched an hour ago. All my challenges show everyone synched 1 hour ago when in fact it was 1 minute ago. I checked my settings when I hit automatically set time, it picks Alaska time, but I am Pacific time.. so I tried manual time and still did not fix the issue 😞 I Have reset my fitbit and also deleted and reinstalled my application
Best Answer
0 Votes
I went in and manually changed the time zone to Edmonton which is an hour ahead of where I live (and very far) and seemed to work. The app is not recognizing the time zone properly at all.
Best Answer

This worked for me. Somehow my time zone was set to Central instead of Eastern.

I had to change my setting from my Dashboard, though - there was no way to access my time zone setting via the app as posted by the moderator.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

will the time change for dst when i sync it

Best Answer
0 Votes
Should change automatically when you sync, it had a issues last time but an update was issued right away. Hopefully there will be no issues this time.
Best Answer
0 Votes
thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes
<p>It's 5 am and all 4 of mine switched &nbsp; 3 hours ago,&nbsp;</p>
Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit 1 changed automatically

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you on the forums @Elaine527 @paullorah61 @Rich_Laue @Smoke14   @NewNikki50 @anitapacitti @Craig456 @Holl @KeepWalking @debrieanna @jacgee and happy daylight savings time!

If you are using your Android Mobile device to sync your Fitbit; let's make sure your phone's setings are configured. This usually is corrected when your phone's time is set to Network's time.

Then, we need to follow @DerrickS's advice and double check to make sure that you have configured your App settings to accommodate day light savings time. In order to do so, please: open the Fitbit App > tap the three lined button in the top left-hand corner > click settings on the pulldown > make sure that you have the correct time zone selected and make sure 'set automatically' is checked > force sync your tracker for changes to take effect. 

@NewNikki50 To update your timezone, you can first select any timezone different than yours; sync your Fitbit and then select your correct timezone and sync again. 

@Smoke14  If your alarms are not updating we need first to make sure your Timezone is correct, clear cache and cookies from your computer and make sure our alarms are set to the correct time (including daylight savings) and they are in repeat like this:

Here's a screenshot of my alarms page.

alarms repeat.jpg

Also, to sync your alarms page, until you see the alarm saved on your account. 

alarms.JPG

Also, these alarms were set on the computer, but you can set them up through the Fitbit app for iOS or Android.You can get more information on managing silent alarms from our Helpsite. 

Let me know if you have any questions, happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not see the three lines in the top left corner.  This is becoming very frustrating.  Should I just remove it and start over?

Best Answer