Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Add Friend to Group

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a closed group admin and I want to add my gf to my group. I can see her on my Friends list and she has an iPhone. I can click on Add on the group on my Android but I can't see her. It makes no sense - I can see and add my friend Marcy, but I can't see and add my friend Kristen. Nothing we do can fix this - we've poured through all the settings. There's nothing that would make her visible on Friends and not on Groups. Any ideas? Friends.jpgAdd Group.jpg

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Mircalla  maybe customer support can give you some help or know what's going on. That sure is frustrating. With my group of friends, we migrated to Stridekick's free app. Using the data generated by our Fitbits, Apple and Garmin devices, we can compete and message without any problems. It might not be the answer you're looking for, but it might work until such time things get fixed for Google users.

here are the support contacts I've gleaned over the years on the forums.

when there is someone available, chat is an option. Phone or X/Twitter works well, too.

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Mircalla  by any chance is one of you using a Google account and the other a Fitbit account? It seems you can't see someone if they are on a different account. This should end by the time we all need to move to a Google account. I'm still on Fitbit account and can't see several of my friends who have a Google account.

Best Answer

No, we're all on Google. As you know, Google people can't see friends steps of non-google people, but I've gotten all my friends to migrate over. I have people in the group on Android and people in the group on iPhone. The only thing I can think of is if there's something special about closed groups. We made ours when they warned us they were going to shut down Open Groups on March 27th 2023. Maybe there's something about an Android inviting an Apple user to a closed group that was made before that time? I was hoping someone else had seen this issue or tech support had a fix.

Best Answer

@Mircalla  maybe customer support can give you some help or know what's going on. That sure is frustrating. With my group of friends, we migrated to Stridekick's free app. Using the data generated by our Fitbits, Apple and Garmin devices, we can compete and message without any problems. It might not be the answer you're looking for, but it might work until such time things get fixed for Google users.

here are the support contacts I've gleaned over the years on the forums.

when there is someone available, chat is an option. Phone or X/Twitter works well, too.

https://myhelp.fitbit.com/s/support?language=en_US 

Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
USA: call (877) 623-4997
UK: call 0800 069 8505
INDIA: call 000 800 050 1057
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)
Other contact options:

USA: click

Canada: click for options

Best Answer