Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change picture - Access denied

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When trying to update my profile picture, it days access denied.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Your update is appreciated @SkookMonster.

Thanks for following the recommendation that was shared on my previous post. Since you already unsintalled/reinstalled the Fitbit app to no avail but you were able to change the picture from the Fitbit.com website, let me share with you that I've passed along this situation to the appropriate department to further investigate issue and fix it. Please be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.  

Your understanding and patience are appreciated while we work to solve this. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I guess this is not related to Versa 3.

Did you try from web? iOS? Android?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Trying to upload the picture from the fitbit app on an android Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S20 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Which picture? 

Is this in the Fitbit community or your profile picture? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @FrogJamie, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for the details that were shared. To better assist you with this, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? Do you receive an error message while trying to upload a picture? Are you trying to change your profile picture or share an image in the Community Feed? In the meantime I receive your answers, please try the following steps and let me know if the issue persists:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  2. Uninstall the app from your mobile device.
  3. Make sure that the Android version is up to date.
  4. Reboot your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall the Fitbit app.
  6. Login using your account credentials.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've uninstalled and reloaded the app 3 times. The app still refuses to let me change my picture.

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @SkookMonster.

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps that were shared on my previous post. For me to further investigate if this is affecting our Android users only, can you please try to change your profile picture using Fitbit.com website instead? 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was able to change it on the website but not with the app.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Your update is appreciated @SkookMonster.

Thanks for following the recommendation that was shared on my previous post. Since you already unsintalled/reinstalled the Fitbit app to no avail but you were able to change the picture from the Fitbit.com website, let me share with you that I've passed along this situation to the appropriate department to further investigate issue and fix it. Please be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.  

Your understanding and patience are appreciated while we work to solve this. 

Let me know if you have any additional questions, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes