Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect my Versa 2 to my Android phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I try to get the Bluetooth to hook up and it keeps telling me I need an app to open it

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @SadieCedar, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Before anything else, I'd like you to make sure that the mobile phone you're using is included here Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

In addition to the steps you've tried, please do the following:

1. Remove your Fitbit from your Fitbit account and phone's Bluetooth settings. 

2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.

3. Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.

4. Set up your Fitbit.

5. If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit.

Let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there @SadieCedar, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Before anything else, I'd like you to make sure that the mobile phone you're using is included here Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. 

In addition to the steps you've tried, please do the following:

1. Remove your Fitbit from your Fitbit account and phone's Bluetooth settings. 

2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use.

3. Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.

4. Set up your Fitbit.

5. If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit.

Let me know how it goes. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SadieCedar are you getting this message when trying to pair the tracker through your phones Bluetooth? If so, your tracker is suppose to reject this attempt and tell you to use the Fitbit app to setup the tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you I reset my fitbit, but it still isn't reading my pulse  and hasn't been doing that or tracking my sleep for over a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you got the Fitbit connected back to your Fitbit account? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It syncs up just fine, does my steps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So is there still a problem? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not getting a pulse rate or tracking sleep

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SadieCedar I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided here.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. I'd suggest to share this community link (thread) so our Support Team can be aware of all the steps you've done already, this way you can also avoid repeating yourself once again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes