Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted exercises or activities in app, always reappear

ANSWERED

Hi,

I've been trying to delete exercises using the android app (auto-detected, manually tracked) and everytime the entry disappears for only a second before reappearing.

This bug seems to have started with the latest update. Are there any fixes/work arounds?

Thanks,

Dan

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone. Thanks for reaching out about the activities not being deleted on the Fitbit app. 

I appreciate you taking the time to report this. I just tried deleting an activity and it worked as expected. Usually these bugs only affect some users. We shall see if other users report the same. 

Please be so kind to try the following. Make sure that the Fitbit app is updated (some mentioned that it started happening with the last update) since a new version just dropped. In case the issue persists, please try clearing the caché memory of the Fitbit app through the Android settings. Then try deleting an activity from the list again. Thanks in advance. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

Having the same issue here; have been unable to successfully delete exercise from the Fitbit app; on the last firmware. 

Best Answer

Hoping if a comment it helps the visibility of this post. 

Having the same issue, also started this week for me.

Best Answer

Same exact problem, they either reappear instantly or if I close and open the app. Only started happening with most recent app update.

Best Answer

I am having the same issue too.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Thanks for reaching out about the activities not being deleted on the Fitbit app. 

I appreciate you taking the time to report this. I just tried deleting an activity and it worked as expected. Usually these bugs only affect some users. We shall see if other users report the same. 

Please be so kind to try the following. Make sure that the Fitbit app is updated (some mentioned that it started happening with the last update) since a new version just dropped. In case the issue persists, please try clearing the caché memory of the Fitbit app through the Android settings. Then try deleting an activity from the list again. Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer

Thank you! This worked for me. Cleared cache, quit app, opened app, synced Fitbit, and was able to delete an exercise. 😊

Best Answer

Hi, clearing the cache worked for me.

Thank you. 

Best Answer

@WernerEngelbrec @Chelleby Thanks for the reply and confirmation it worked out for you. I am glad you can now manage the activities without inconveniences. Wish you all a great time with Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

This didn't work for me however deleting the activity from the web Dashboard at https://www.fitbit.com/ fixed it. 

Best Answer

@AngusG Welcome to the forums and your post explaining what helped you out in this situation. Yes, that would be an alternative, to do it over the Online Dashboard. However, make sure that the Fitbit App is up to date and try logging out and then back in. You can then try deleting an exercise again. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's more steps than what I did and I've already deleted it lol. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work, only happened since latest update, versa 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that, deleted on fitbit app and online fitbit app, closed the fitbit app and online and went into android phone settings, then apps, selected the fitbit app and clicked forced stop  and then clicked clear cache, closed the settings and restarted my phone,  then it worked.

Best Answer

Its happening with me as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, this no longer works. The issue has returned. I have done everything you've mentioned below. But honestly, we as end users shouldn't have to go through all these steps to make things work as they should, just fix the app. But, maybe if we were able to edit incorrectly logged activities (without it also resetting) we wouldn't be here at all. 

Best Answer

Try my solution above:

This didn't work for me however deleting the activity from the web Dashboard at https://www.fitbit.com/ fixed it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the same problem with my Fitbit charge 5, I have android phone and can't delete exersices/activity on my phone. I am not very knowledgeable with my gadgets, I don't know how to clear the cache memory and don't know how to prompt my Fitbit to update itself, I thought it does it on its own whenever a new update is available, it is not ? 

Best Answer

Hi, 

Followed your advice, still no joy.

Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. Clear cache didn't work for me. 

Best Answer