Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Update is awful

I just opened my app to check my sleep score to find that it auto updated and the new graph for also is absolutely horrible! It's the most difficult to read and extremely frustrating because that is one of the features of Fitbit I like the most. This is not helpful it's a chaotic design. Graphs are supposed to supposed to make information easier to read but this is so much worse. Please change it back or give an option for different ways to view the information/app so people have a choice to understand their info better. 

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Hello @Mnuzzi 

The updated Sleep section is part of the Fitbit Material You redesign. This 9 to 5 Google article (<-- click link) provides some insight.

There isn't a way to change it back as this is Google's path forward for Fitbit.

If you have specific suggestions for the Sleep section, you can submit them to the Product Feedback forum (<-- click link). I understand the developers monitor this forum.

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. It's a massive downgrade in function. I was using the features that were deleted, such as the ability to see the length of sleep segments and see previous nights' sleep at a glance. Also, my sleep last night didn't track at all. I cancelled my premium subscription and my next device will be from a different conpany.

Moderator Edit: Word Choice.

Best Answer

Agree. I hate it.

Moderator Edit: Formatting.

Best Answer

I deleted and reinstalled and that seemed to fix things for now. I'm currently looking for a new app. They've ruined the only reason I pay for this useless buggy app

Best Answer

Well said !!!!!!!!!
I have no tolerance for anime garbage cartoons

Best Answer

I uninstalled it. I can still track steps and hourly activity on the device. That will have to do. The app is absolutely useless now and they keep ignoring customer feedback. 

Best Answer

Totally agree with everyone that is dissatisfied with the update to the app.  Don't know why they did away with the page to scroll past-nights' sleep stats (sleep time, sleep score, etc.) and averages for the week.  And I don't even get to see the green stars when I meet my sleep goal.  Developers, quick fixing something that isn't broken.  Please bring back the useful sleep presentation and get rid of the new look.

Thanks in advance (hopefully).

Best Answer

The upgrade announcement gleefully states that fitbit(sux) now gives us insightful comments. I wish they could get it through their thick, vacuously caverness skulls, that WE DON’T WANT THEIR ‘INSIGHTFUL’ DRIVEL! Just give us back the valuable data and stats we once enjoyed. Listen a little more to your customer base and a bit less to your investors. Should fitbit feel a modicum of competence, perhaps they can also include a real time blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) monitor like the Apple Watch and most other modern smart watches

Best Answer

I honestly have never known an app before where the updates always make things worse. Every single time. This sleep data downgrade is the last straw. I've been using Fitbit for many years, but I've had enough. When it's time to replace my current one, I'm buying something else. 

Best Answer

Gee I wonder if it is some kind of collusion with Apple to gross out all Fitbit users so they migrate to Apple and then Google will buy Apple watch. The Google Juggernaut has grown quite scary. It is to intellectual products what Proctor and Gamble is to all material products

Best Answer
0 Votes

They've never listened in the past,  I doubt they will listen going forward

Best Answer
0 Votes

Couldn't agree more, the new update is dreadful on the sleep tracker. My watch logged a nap when I was actually in the bath and didn't have it on, now I don't have the ability to delete said nap. I've used fitbit for 10 years and can honestly say they need to demote whoevers idea this was! Put it back the way it was!!

Best Answer

Hello @D_bendy 

You should be able to delete the erroneous sleep log.

• Tap on Sleep duration tile to open the Sleep page
  • Go to/open the erroneous sleep log
  • Tap on the 3 dots in the upper right of the sleep page and select Delete Sleep

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mnuzzi, I couldn't agree with you more.  A, can't look at my dashboard on windows, then the new app on my Andorid phone and tablet it extremely difficult to navigate and the information is really poorly displayed.  I want to see my steps, my zone minutes my heart information and I don't want to take for ever finding it.  I am really looking for another tracker.

Best Answer

I'm looking for a different device because of this terrible update also.  Have you found a good alternative?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not yet,

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn’t agree more.  I HATE the new update. 

The old app version was a bit buggy but it worked. The new graph is very hard to read compared to the previous version. Also the previous nights stats were 
easily viewed in a condensed bar graph below the current day.  No longer. I use an iPad to review my stats every morning and I (used to) maximize the display graph, flip it into landscape mode and run my finger along the graph to see info on my sleep stages. I can no longer do that. 

The only thing I use my Versa 2 for is sleep monitoring. I’m now looking for an alternative. Based solely on this app update I’ll gladly throw it in the trash if I find one. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There IS a way to change it back. I was able to fix it using the process I posted in other messages

Best Answer

The app can be reversed. see my other messages

Best Answer
0 Votes