Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete food plan, eating on a bulk, NOT maintenance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Went to go up my calories on the Android Fitbit app, and instead got shown this food plan. Clicked through it thinking it would give me the option to up my calories but no, now I'm stuck with a food plan that keeps telling me i'm 500 calories over my 'maintenance' because the food plan 'doesn't support weight gain'. Not only is this an incredibly unhealthy thing for Fitbit to be enforcing, due to the assumption that none of us are on a fitness path that necessitates muscle growth, but I simply cannot get rid of it. I am incredibly unimpressed right now. Can someone please help me to resolve this as keeping track of my bulk is incredibly important to what I do. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @GeorgiaAGW, its nice to see new faces around the Fitbit Community. I was reading your concern and I would like to step in. Perhaps one of these recommendations is useful for your goals.

Despite you can still keep track of  your weight is more harder to manage the calories intake. The Food plan focus in loosing weight and it will only support a maintenance plan if you want to gain mass. What I recommend to do is the following:

• Go to your Fitbit app and access on your Account Tab.
  • Go to the option of Nutrition & Body
  • In the weight section change your goal to Gain (Established your weight goal and your body fat percentage and save)
  • Now go back and in Nutrition go to your Food Plan
  • Tap in Edit Plan and leave the weight and goal weigh information as it is.
  • Follow the onscreen instructions and save. (this will remove the Calories deficit from your food plan).

Other option is to set a custom calories consumption goal. Although this is not possible through the Fitbit app. You need to do this from the online-Dashboard. The following post will provide you more details about this suggestion.

As an additional note If this is something in which you're interested, please visit this feature suggestion and contribute with your vote and comments. This is a great way to let us know what you'd like to see in the future!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have additional questions.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The calorie counting feature on Fitbit isn't fit for purpose, I'd just disable it and use MyFitnessPal or similar instead.  It decided that I was only allowed to eat 700 cal a day and would scold me for going over that.  Not remotely acceptable.

Best Answer