Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit a treadmill distance

I use my Google Pixel Watch 2 to start a treadmill activity on my fitbit and, as is going to be the case with a treadmill, the distance recorded is normally incorrect.

The fitbit app gives you the option to edit the distance but every time I do this and select save, it just reverts to the incorrect value.

Is this a known bug?  I can provide screenshots if necessary.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@speedf   This is a known issue.  In this case, it's clearly a bad design with the Fitbit app.  Fitbit doesn't let you edit the distance on a tracked exercise on any shortcut.  I don't understand why it gives users the option.

Your distances will never be the same.  Here is some information that might help you.  The Treadmill shortcut uses your walking stride length.  If you run on your treadmill, moderators recommend using the Run shortcut with GPS off.  Then it will use your running stride length x steps.  Be sure GPS is off. 😉

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow.  This is a shame.  Not only have Google completely destroyed what was a good app, but they release this with something that is clearly faulty and contains an obvious issue.  Product Manager and development teams should be ashamed.

I note as well that the iOS version and the Android version present different views from recorded activities.  Again, shocking.

Best Answer
0 Votes