Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit the exercise type on new Fitbit app

On the new app, on Android on a pixel 7.

The Edit Exercise panel allows me to properly edit Date, Start time and Duration, but the keyboard is not showing up when I try to update the Activity.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
417 REPLIES 417

Hi, @VABE , the new app should be working pretty much as in the older app for editing your activities.  Please click on the activity you need to edit and then click on the pencil icon.  The logged activity should show in the search box at the top, with several recent logged activities underneath.  Either click on one of the recent activities (if appropriate) or tap on the activity shown in the search box.  When you tap on the activity in the search box your keyboard should pop up.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the Community Forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Julia,

This is an actual bug I'm reporting. It doesn't work.

Best Answer

I am not able to replicate your bug.  It appears to be working normally for me.  If you mention the OS version your phone is currently running, perhaps someone else can replicate this. 

The new app has not been widely distributed yet, but if there is a bug I would expect in the next days or weeks others to report it, so I will continue to follow for my own interest. Probably you will not get much response from Fitbit until it is more widely reported, but thank you for reporting at this early stage.

Best Answer

I don't like the look either, but it's the lack of functionality that infuriates me. There is no way to edit an activity. I normally change walk to horseback riding because Fitbit doesn't automatically detect this activity accurately. There's an edit page but you can't change anything. I was in the chat asking for help. She couldn't get it to edit either.

It seems every update 'improves' the look by losing critical information of functionality. We don't use the product for artistic expression we just need it to work and give us the information we need in a reasonably formatted and effective way.

Best Answer

Hi, @ElisabethJacq, welcome, the edit function has not changed from the old app once you reach the correct screen. From the "Today" screen touch exercise days card>touch the exercise you want to change>touch the "edit" pen in the top bar>touch exercise type search bar>type horseback riding (it will appear as an option after "hor")>touch "Horseback Riding" it will now populate the search bar>LOG IT and you will see the edit is complete.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with Vabe. This is a bug. I did Pilates. Was late turning off fitbit. Not only would it not save my time changes, on the edit page it called the exercise a walk.

----

The edit activity app "pretends" to accept your changes, but after you hit save, the original info is still what the activity reports.

The old app was intuitive; this one is not.

Best Answer

My current version is this one:

1000020605.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Schmedlo , if you allow your Fitbit to auto recognize your activity (“SmartTrack”) it does not always get the activity correct.  You should be able to edit the name (categorize the activity) using the instructions I shared above.

Do you currently have the new Fitbit app?  It is only gradually rolling out to users.

@VABE I was asking about your phone’s OS, as editing exercise names is working normally on my phone(s) and tablet.  I have checked on Samsung Galaxy S9, OnePlus, and iPad (10th generation) and I am able to catergorize/edit activities on all three, using the new app.

Best Answer
Using the new fitbit app on a Samsung Tab S5.
Best Answer

Another function lost. You are no longer able to edit an exercise session. I would edit an auto detected walk to see the start and end times. I’d use that and the steps taken to determine the distance walked.

You're right! I swear it wasn’t there earlier. I did log off, quit the app, and powered off the phone. Don’t know if that’s what made a difference or I just overlooked it. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

The new Android app will not allow editing of any activity description.  Example:  "workout" cannot be edited to "Stretching". "Sport" cannot be renamed "Golf". The keyboard will not activate when you select the edit icon. 

Best Answer

I am unable to edit the exercise type in the new app v4.0.

4/21/2024 - this doesn't seem to be an issue anymore.  I am able to edit the exercise type once again.

Best Answer

"Android on a pixel 7"

Best Answer

I have the same exact issue on a Google Pixel 6a.

Best Answer

1000000314.png

 Please note that the Activity text box is selected and there is no keyboard shown. Most I can do is press and hold to select and copy text. This is on a Pixel 7 Pro, running Android 14 QPR Beta 1, Fitbit version 4.00 (though I just noticed that Google Play reports ver 3.90).

Best Answer

@Metal_Link , thanks for that info.  I will report the bug.

Edited to add:  As I mentioned above, I have reported this bug that some users have been experiencing, and a Fitbit Moderator has confirmed that this has now been escalated to the engineers and being investigated.  Please watch this space for more updates from the Moderators.

Best Answer

I have the same issue on a Pixel 7. The activity field on the edit page is neither an input field nor a drop down. The only thing the pixel will do is highlight the incorrect activity ask if I want to copy.

This is only one of the the updated features that is either nonfunctioning or has minimized the actual information content of the app. The activity heart rate graph, which had already lost a degree of usefulness with the last update, has with this update been made smaller and less easy to use.

Best Answer

Same issue on Galaxy S21.

Best Answer

Same issue for me

Best Answer