Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into Fitbit App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

I signed up to Fitbit using my facebook account.  When i open the Fitbit app on my phone (Samsung S7) I am presented with page asking me to log in or sign up, no option for facebook log in.

It's been like this for a week now.  I've tried closing and re-opening app, restarting phone and uninstalling and reinstalling the app but the problem persists

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Elatio, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! In this case have you tried to log in using the same credentials you have registered on your Facebook? The Fitbit app won't prompt the option to log in using your Facebook account. This is possible from the online-Dashboard.

If by trying to use the credentials from Facebook doesn't allow to sign in, the try to reset your password:

1. Click the "Forgot Password" link.
  2. Enter your email address (Same email used on your Facebook account) where prompted and click "Submit."

You'll receive an email in your inbox with a link. After clicking the link you'll be prompted to enter a new password.

See you later and hope this helps.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Elatio, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! In this case have you tried to log in using the same credentials you have registered on your Facebook? The Fitbit app won't prompt the option to log in using your Facebook account. This is possible from the online-Dashboard.

If by trying to use the credentials from Facebook doesn't allow to sign in, the try to reset your password:

1. Click the "Forgot Password" link.
  2. Enter your email address (Same email used on your Facebook account) where prompted and click "Submit."

You'll receive an email in your inbox with a link. After clicking the link you'll be prompted to enter a new password.

See you later and hope this helps.

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't log into Fitbit App from a J5 and when I try and choose forgot password it says Network operation failed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Yellowwood, it is nice to have you here in the Fitbit Community! Since it's been a while since you posted, I'm wondering how it goes this issue? Is still persisting? 

This issues is not very common among Android users, but this workaround has been reported before and if the issue still persists, might give you some extra help:

1) Turn off/on Bluetooth
2) Turn WI-FI On/OFF
3) Log in via Wi-Fi connection not cellular data

See you later and keep me posted how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to reset the password through their webpage rather than the app

Best Answer