Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sync Flex

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello. I have the Flex. It was working perfectly until I updated the app this morning. Now I can't sync. Is there anyway I can download the version of the app before the update? If not, what should I do? I have restarted my tracker. Uninstalled/Reinstalled the app. Restarted my phone. Turned Bluetooth off then back on. I don't know what else to do other than getting the older version of the app.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

Me either, super frustrated!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to our Community @Lexylou @livingfittoday! Thanks for joining us! Woman WinkMmm this is weird, I'd suggest you try setting up your tracker as a new device by following these instructions. Note that if you have not synced in over 24 hours, your activity data for previous days will be lost and only today's data will remain. 

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Woman Wink

Meylin | Community Moderator

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do." What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me for both a Surge and a Charge.  Sync works OK with Fitbit Connect on my laptop running Windows.  Unfortunately, I almost always sync with my Android phone so this is very frustrating.  I've also tried restarting the devices but that doesn't seem to be the problem since I can since with my PC.

I've tried restarting my phone and cycling bluetooth with no results.

Best Answer
I have tried to add as a new device. However, it won't sync.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Wizegeezer it's nice to see you around more often! I'd like to know if you followed the steps I provided in my previous post of setting up the tracker as a new device? If you already tried this, I'd suggest you and @Lexylou to contact our Customer Support team and let them know the steps you've already tried so they can provide you with a good solution for this.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Meylin,  I unpaired both devices and added them back as new devices.  All is working fine now.  It took about 3 tries for each tracker before the app found them.  In both cases, I had to press the left button for 3 seconds to make them visible.  Not sure what that does but everything is back to normal now.

Best Answer

So glad to hear this my friend @Wizegeezer! This are great news and hope your trackers continue working this way. I'd like to invite you to our Discussions board which is the perfect place to share all your interests and make new friends here at Fitbit.

Have a nice day! Woman Wink

Best Answer
I'm having the same issue and it's frustrating as hell! I thought it was just mine so I started shopping for a new one. I'm glad I checked here first...😡
Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm having the same issue. I have tried unistalling/reinstalling app, restarting my Charge, restarting bluetooth, turning location on, etc. My app can't find my tracker however my app on my ipad can sync so it has to be with the android app!?! This is very frustrating because I feel like I haven't issues with this app about once a month
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to our Community @dporter1229 @JazzyJ33! It's great to have you here! Smiley WinkI'd like to know if you already tried these steps? 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes! I have, but I ended up having to do a factory reset
I had to plug it into my charger and insert something sharp into the hole (on the front side). It worked!
Best Answer

Thanks for the update @dporter1229! I'm glad to know that a factory reset did the trick and that you're back on track now! I'd like to invite you to our Discussions board which is the perfect place to share your interests and make new friends here at Fitbit.

Have a great day! Woman Wink

Best Answer
I am having the same problem. I unpaired my flex because it would not sync and now it won't pair at all.very frustrating
Best Answer
0 Votes
I also did a master reset 3 times now and it's still not working
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Testorga welcome to our Community! Woman Very HappySince you already unpaired your tracker from your account my best advise would be to contact our Customer Support team and let them know the steps you've already tried so they can provide you with a good solution for this.

Let me know how it goes! Woman Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Yes, I have tried basically everything. I don't want to unpairing it because it keeps saying it cant find my tracker. I fear it won't be able to find it to pair it back up. 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @JazzyJ33 thanks for the update! Woman WinkPlease contact our Customer Support team, don't worry I totally understand you don't want to unpair your tracker. I'm sure they will find a good solution for you.

Have a nice day! Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
I reset the tracker a couple more times and it finally worked.
Best Answer

@Lexylou Thanks for the update, happy to hear that @MeylinP's suggestion and a bit of persistence resolved it. Glad to have you back on track. Robot Happy

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes