Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enter distance with decimals in log previous

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't understand how to log a distance that is not whole km (or miles) with the android app. If I use a dot, 7.5, then I get "Please enter a valid distance" and if I try to use coma, 7,5, it logs 75.

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

I think you need to enter a leading zero to make it work.  So to enter .75 you would enter 0.75.  Or a trailing zero, like 7.50.  Don't forget to enter the activity type to make it work also. Give that a try.  If that works, please mark your question as solved.  If not, please let me know and maybe I can dig a little deeper.  I tried it on mine, and it takes it EITHER way....  7.5 or 7.50  Maybe send a screen shot of what you're entering so we can see where the problem is.  I just can't repeat the problem on my android app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

First, it makes no differens whether or not I use a zero. I get the same error.

Second, I don't see how that would help even if it worked. I do not want to enter 0.75 km, I want to enter 7.5 km = 7500 meters = approx 4.65 miles (which I can't enter either)

Best Answer

Screenshot_20170322-143449.pngSome (very big) screenshoots

Screenshot_20170322-143456.png

Best Answer

Very interesting.  Does it do it if you select MILES also?  If so, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  Of course, you'll have to reset all your preferences and it's a pain in the butt, but I can't think of any reason other than a software glitch for you to have the issue.  Let me know if you try to uninstall and reinstall and if that fixes the issue for you.  Unless some other user has another idea for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I understand you didn't want to enter .75 miles.  I was simply trying to convey to use TWO decimal places after the decimal point and illustrated it that way so you would understand.  I'm sorry I didn't make it more clear.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same behavior for miles. I'll re-install the app. Fingers crossed 🙂

Best Answer

Good luck and let me know!  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Were you able to resolve this issue @Kajalpennan?  Was just hoping it was going better for you.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately the issue remains after re-installation Smiley Indifferent

Best Answer

Well, I'm out of ideas.  I would contact support and hopefully they can help you.  Once you figure it out with them, please come back and share the "fix" (assuming you find one) so that others might be helped.  Good luck!!

http://contact.fitbit.com/

or

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will do that. Thanks for trying 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kajalpennan Interesting, as I was unable to replicate the error message on my end. Have you tried logging it as 4.66 Miles, which is the equivalent to 7.5 Kilometers? If not, give that a try and let me know what happens.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.

I also tried to log 4.500 km. That logged as 4500 km.

Same issue for walk, run, hike, bike, swim. I didn't try more types

Best Answer

I have exact the same issue on my Samsung S5. Re-installing the app didn't help, still got the same issue. I even tried to copy the distance 3,5 into the app, instead of typing 3.5 (I don't have the option to type a comma). Km or mi doesn't matter. 

I have a fitbit flex, only able to track Run, Walk of Hike. But I'm from Holland, dutch people ride their bikes a lot ;-).

I've send an email to support. If I get a fix, I'll share it here... 

Best Answer

Guess it's a bug in the app... after several e-mails a helpdeskemployee finally told me:

"Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, in the meantime we recommend to start logging activities using a computer."

Let's hope an update will fix the problem!

Greetings, Astrid 

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem, with the same error message as well. I get erros both with and without leading zero; kilometres or miles; with one, two or three decimals; I also have the same behaviour happen as stated earlier when trying to copy-paste the correct value; and changing location in settings does nothing to help. This is my bump of the thread, hoping they'll fix it in the next update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes