Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot synch after software update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ran the firmware update on Versa 2. Don't know if that broke things for me.

I'm no longer able to synch the watch and phone. I've tried restarting everything (phone, watch, bluetooth), tried reinstalling app. Now when I run "set up a device" I get the message "found it" and subsequently enter the pairing code. But then I get the message "Not working?" I select to try again, get the code again, enter it, and the cycle continues. It's the same cycle as when you type in the wrong pairing code.

What's the solution on this? I seem to have tried everything to no avail!

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

So I made the problem worse.

When nothing worked I did a factory reset on the watch. Now I just have the Fitbit Logo on the watch - useless for anything. I downloaded the Fitbit app on the phone, tried to setup a device but the pairing code is not accepted. I tried the same on an Windows 10 computer. Pairing code is not accepted and I get the message "trouble connecting to fitbit.com."

Strangely my wife's Charge 4 also stopped syncing yesterday. Can't correct hers either. Fortunately I haven't factory reset her watch so she can still use it.

How can I fix this?

Best Answer

I am having the same issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bjma 

It sounds like you didn’t unpair the Fitbit tracker before doing the factory reset. (Sad to see you had to do a factory reset in the first place) 

1. Go into your phone's Bluetooth settings and look for all Fitbit devices that show as paired.
  2. Remove all of the Fitbit devices that show up.
  3. Restart your phone.
  4. Run the Set Up process once again as if you were using a brand new Fitbit.

😃 Hopefully this answers your question and fixes the issue. Keep me posted 

Best Answer

If the app says problem with fitbit.com, the problem is between the app and fitbit.com. Not the tracker h

Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately this did not work. Why? Because the Fitbit was not
recognising the pairing code given. The code came through. It was correct.
But it was not recognised; it was as though the number had been entered
incorrectly. I subsequently wasn't able to move beyond this step.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Exactly. Pairing code was never recognised at all. Question is, what's the
solution to this?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Severuss 

You didn’t mention a code issue so I’m assuming your is strictly a syncing issues. Please look to see if your Charge 4 is saying connected to your mobile devices Bluetooth. Try turning your Bluetooth off, then turn your phone off for 1-2 mins then turn your phone back on an turn your Bluetooth back on. Open your Fitbit App and try to manually sync your Charge 4 by swiping the app downward. Hopefully that will sync your tracker or give you a pop up requesting a pairing to your Bluetooth. If the problem persist try restarting your Charge 4. You will not lose any of your data performing a restart. Look here to see how it’s done: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186.htm (if restarting your Charge 4 doesn’t fix the issue try the restart procedure again)

😉 Hopefully this helps. Let me know 

Best Answer

Another thing to try that is not mentioned in help, is to clear the fitbit apps cache and stop the app, this must be done through the phone settings. 

Best Answer