Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change vibration style for specific notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to change vibrations? Like certain notifications vibrate differently than others? Or vibrate the same as my phone's notifications? I use a certain app that constantly vibrates until I pick up the phone and clear it. Chris if it can be changed in the next update on the Fitbit versa?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Motog6user, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. As it turns out, it's not possible to change the vibration style of your notifications, however, you can change them from strong or normal in the settings of your Versa. To do so, just tap on the settings of your Fitbit, scroll down to find vibration and then tap on it.

In regards the vibration style suggestion, let me share with you that we're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. The best place to make your voice heard is the Ideas board. Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. 

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. We look forward to reading your suggestions.  

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer

Your ideas board link doesn't go anywhere. I've just tried to switch from my Samsung Active 2 to the Fitbit Sense because the Fitbit plays better with my employer's Power of Vitality website. 

I get several hundred work emails a day and this thing will buzz once per second for every single email. It would be nice if I could set it to give one buzz when a bunch of emails are recognized as new. Instead, 20 buzzes just now.

I thought, OK, I'll just turn off the vibrations just for gmail. Turns out I can't do that. It's either vibrated for every notification or vibrate for none. 

This is a very poorly thought out execution in a $300 watch. I'll likely be switching back to the Active 2 just for this alone unfortunately. 

Best Answer

@tbannon Welcome to the forums. I just tried the aforementioned link and it is working just fine. It directs you to the feature suggestions board. It is not a specific topic. I took the liberty and searched for a suggestion. Someone has already posted to the idea to the Feature Suggestion Board. Please check the "Customizable vibration length and patterns for notifications" request. Although it has been marked as "not currently planned", vote for it and leave your comment. Our team is constantly looking into the suggestions. 

Regards!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes