Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Quantity of Food Keeps Reverting on Android App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I go back to log a frequently-used food, if I go to update the quantity (I had seconds, say) or simply had a different quantity than the last time I logged it, on the Android App it keeps reverting to whatever last quantity I used. So say if last time I ate three cookies, and today I ate only two, if I try to log it, the  cursor will blink a few times after I enter "3" and revert back to "2". If I quickly hit enter, it will almost certainly only take the old number. I often have to wait a long time to make sure it takes, and even then sometimes it  will revert. I imagine this must be some kind of race condition where it is continually pulling the last quantity from the server and overwriting my new one but it's hard to say for sure.

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi there @demonslayer, good to see you around the Fitbit Community! I was reading your Fitbit app is showing the previous quantity of food portions which forced you to wait a few seconds, otherwise it will log an incorrect amount.

Perhaps doing the following steps might address this odd behavior:

Log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been doing that as well for about a week now. Very annoying... I've also uninstalled the app and reloaded several different versions. It's the same regardless of software version.

I actually have to let it sit for about 15 seconds and it stops. It will rewrite the value several times.

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

Hello @GSaldiveri, nice to see you around in the Fitbit Community. My apologies for the late response! 

One of the reason when the app fails or is not behaving as is expected, is because the version is outdated. So in your case I would recommend to review which version of the app you are running. In the last weeks we have released different versions of the app up to the most recent, so make sure you have the newest one.

To see which version of the Fitbit app is installed on your device:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon User-added image
  2. Tap or click Help. You'll see the app version at the top of the screen.
    User-added image

For more details about the new version take a look to this post: Android app version 2.66 is now available - 2/5.

If you don't have tis version, go ahead and review your Google play store. See you later!

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Roberto - If you read my response again you'll see I've tried several different versions with the same results. I'll update to the latest version when I'm sure the sync errors have gone completely. 🙂

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

@RobertoME - Ok decided to go ahead and update to the latest version - thankfully I was able to sync without issues. The other problem with the food quantity is still there however.

Keep Steppin!
Sal
Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same issue as demonslayer.

When I log something I have recently logged it always comes up with the previous amount, and some times I have to change it three-four times before it stays at the new number. This is really annoying as it is very easy to log something wrong without noticing. 

My phone is set to auto-update apps so I assume I'm always on the latest version.

Best Answer

This has been happening to me as well.  It makes the app almost unusable.  I auto update to the most recent version.

Best Answer

Same thing has been happening to me. Even if I'm adding a food item from my "Frequent" list, it keeps changing the amount back to the last value from the last time I ate that item. I have to rewrite it several times in order for it to stick. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

My experience of the food log has always been a bit twitchy. It seems to go in phases, behaves itself for a while and then starts this reverting to the previous amount or on occasion altering the type of measurement used. Sometime back it took exception to a teaspoon of sugar, I can't remember what it converted it to but it was over 2000 calories. 

All this has been reported in the past. It's another of the little joys of fibbit that I am sure will be around on and off for years to come.

Best Answer

This has been happening to me for the last few months - though I got my FitBit back in January, first logged foods in March, and I don't remember this happening to me until May/June? It might feel like it's getting worse over time, but that might be my imagination.

It's hard to explain how infuriating this bug is - it turns logging food from a quick barely-need-to-think-about-it thing into something requiring careful attention and some unknown amount of repetition, but it's also just viscerally super-frustrating whenever it happens.

Best Answer

Couldn't have summed my feelings up more perfectly. I'm kind of amazed this bug had gone on as long as it has, and it makes it seem like Fitbit doesn't care about users who use this feature.

Best Answer

More than a year later this issue still keeps happening.  If I have to change a food quantity I just let the phone sit for a minute or so till it gets itself under control, or I use my work iphone.  I've tried the fixes suggested and it had no effect.

This is ridiculous that it still keeps happening.

Best Answer

Yeah - I just upgraded phones (re-installing the Fitbit app in the process), and it's still happening to me too. Maybe less frequently, but maybe not? Hard to say. Incredibly frustrating.

Best Answer

i can confirm the issue still persists to date, serving size and quantity keeps reverting and I have to change it multiple times until it eventually "settles" before hitting the save button.

Best Answer

This issue is incredibly frustrating, what should be a simple update often ends up taking several minutes and betrays any trust that it has actually saved the update. There are reports of this going back years, shocking that it has not been fixed

Best Answer

Multiple attempts, three different phones, over 6 years after this was first reported, and THIS IS STILL NOT FIXED!
Fitbit is all gloss, no substance. Please fix these basic problems.

Best Answer

Me too 😩

Best Answer

This isnt an "odd behavior" it seems to be the norm. I know others who have the same problem. I feel fitbit should fix it. We should not have to go thru all that trouble in the first place. Its hard enough to doet and exercise. Now we can barely add food. Everytime I press the save button, the number reverts to previous number. Its annoying and frustrating. 

Best Answer

Eh. Its a software issue. Fitbit needs to do an update to fix this issue. It's STILL happening. Ugh! 

Best Answer
0 Votes