Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 cannot pair with Pixel 3 Android Pie

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I have had my Charge 2 for over a year, and it has always synched just fine with my iPhone.  Today, I switched from my iPhone to a Pixel 3, and attempted to pair.  My phone will not locate the watch, no matter what I try.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled the app, removed the device/re-added, restarted the phone.  I even removed the watch from my iPhone FitBit app, and uninstalled / re-installed the app from my iPhone to test. Watch pairs just fine with the iPhone.  I can still synch steps and information with my iPhone, however very frustrated that I cannot get notifications on the Charge2 now that I have a different phone.  I believe there is still an outstanding bug with either Android Pie and/or the Pixel 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

There is indeed an ongoing issue with Android pie that might be affecting you. You can keep up with developments with the issue in this thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Android-9-0-Pie-not-able-to-sync/td-p/2889550

Another potential issue is that the Pixel 3 is not yet showing on fitbit's list of supported devices at www.fitbit.com/devices so there may be issues using that phone.

One thing to try though, if you have not yet done so, is to remove any connections to the fitbit in your iphone's bluetooth settings as these could be blocking connection to the Pixel 3.

Best Answer

Wondering if you have found any resolution with syncing to your Pixel 3?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Cwertman I was unable to sync with my charge 2, however I received a charge 3 (also had issues with the sync) but the following finally worked:

1) I first turned off bluetooth on all other nearby devices, and made sure that the Charge 3 was removed from the iPhone which I was previously testing with.

2) Checked to make sure Charge 3 was not on the list of bluetooth devices for Pixel 3 (if it had been, I would have removed it here).

3) Checked to make sure Android was the updated version 9.

4) Turned off Pixel 3 and waited one minute -> restarted phone.

5) Opened fitbit app -> added Charge 3 -> paired just fine.

Best Answer

This worked for me! Thank-you for posting!

Best Answer
0 Votes