Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not recording sleep stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 2 was working perfectly now for past week it did not record sleep stages and I have read all the posts and done a reboot etc. When will this problem be fixed?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @SpeechPat, welcome aboard to the Fitbit Community! I was reading your sleep stages are not being recorded by your Charge 2. Thank you for letting me know the steps you have tried to address this issue.

There are external factors that may caused the lack of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

Since there has been a few new updates with the Fitbit app, which I'm sure you already installed it would be good to try to reset the app too:

Please log out from your Fitbit app and go to your phone settings. Access to the App manager option and look for the Fitbit app in your downloaded apps list. Once you are there, clear the app cache and data and proceed to "Force Stop" the app. Finish the workaround by restarting your phone. When your phone has initialized, go back to your app and try again.

Keep me posted how it goes and if the issue persists.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the typical response and I have checked into all of that. I'm going to try to reinstall the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @SpeechPat, I just giving follow up with you on how it goes do far?

The days after our last interaction, occurred an sleep stages outage that could be a reason that the issue continues. However that was fixed already, so let me know if the issue persists or if by reinstalling the app was resolved this issue.

See you later and stick around if you need more help.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes