Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 not syncing anymore with android app v2.57.3

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have used a Fitbit One for years, and upgraded to a Charge 2 a few months ago, and everything was peachy. Today I upgraded the Android app to v2.57.3, and I cannot sync with my tracker anymore (firmware version 22.22.54.6). I tried:

1. delete and re-install the app

2. delete and re-connect the tracker

I can't even reconnect the tracker anymore. I get to the point where it say "we found your tracker", and then it either claims to have a Bluetooth issue, or just says "failed, try again." I pulled out an older phone with app version 2.55 (3193155) BETA (which I sued regularly until 3 weeks ago), and it was able to pair the tracker to my account and sync. Only thing I have not tried is downgrading on my main phone.

Anyone else have this problem or better yet, a solution? Tracker is now paired to my account, but I can only sync with my old phone, not an ideal situation.

Thanks

madde

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

I'm sorry to hear that 

love to run...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. Charge 2 was synching flawlessly until this latest Android app upgrade. Now it's next to impossible to get it to synch. Turning bluetooth off and back on sometimes helps. Looks like we are back to the bad old days. Smiley Sad

Best Answer

I've got the same problem with my charge HR. Since updating the app, it's not syncing, even when I try to force it. 

Best Answer

Same problem here. Argh. Stopped syncing Tuesday and I'm frustated!

Best Answer

I took can't sync. I have a Blaze but still same issue, was able to sync with no problems for the longest time and now all the sudden I can't sync at all. 

Best Answer

I have sent an email to the developers to see if they will look into the situation. If everyone would do that it might wake them up to fix whatever they broke with the update. 

Best Answer

I've got exactly the same problem with my fitbit flex 2. Since the last Android App upgrade to v. 2.57.3, i cannot sync with my tracker anymore. I tried every step you mentioned with the same result. I hope, that this situation is only temporarily and Will ne fixed soon, because without option to sync my results is my fitbit useless.

Best Answer

I am going to sent them e-mail too, because I have exactly the same problem.

Best Answer
Well a little to late for that. Those of us who had it auto update are just SOL I guess.

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not synching either. I'm over the unreliability aspect from fitbit.

Best Answer

I'm aving the same problem with my charge 2 HR and the new updated app

Best Answer

You can always go back to a previous version of the app. Simply download the APK file of the version you want and then download it. I had to do this as my Blaze would not sync anymore and I have an old phone and didn't want to upgrade my phone. I had to go back to version 2.45. Do a google search on older versions of fitbit app and go to the APK site and pick which version worked and download it. It's that simple. Hope this helps 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's pretty much what I did, except instead of downloading random APK from who-knows-where, I extracted the one from my old phone and installed that. Now sync works again, but that's not really a suction to Fitbit breaking it in an update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well I got a reply on my email and basically had to impair it and start over .it's all good now. They sent me a survey and let em know wouldn't have had to that if their app hadn't broke when they updated. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem,  hasn't synced since Monday,  have uninstalled and installed to no effect and the app has reverted to the old style,  there is nowhere now on the screen to manually sync and I have to log in each time. I am very fed up and I would like the problem fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by "had to impair it"? Can you post here what they proposed as a solution?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Darn auto correct. You have to unpair it from your bluetooth and redo the pairing as though it was a brand new device. I let them know after I got it fixed that it should not have to have been done at all if their app upgrade hadn't broke it in the first place!

Best Answer
0 Votes