Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 setup issue with Moto X 2nd gen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought a Charge 2, my Moto X 2nd finds the device but does not connect. This the second one I got today, I returned the first one thinking there was an issue. My wife and I bought them, her old Samsung 4S connected right away...no issues. So I was thinking it was the device...but the Web site says it 100% compatible but it does not work.

To make things worse it appears I do not have a supported Bluetooth device, it appears that it needs to Bluetooth version 4.0 LE which I do not have. I have a Chromebook but that is not supported. So far this has been a pretty terrible experience......

Also to make matters worse I call the support line...I sit on hold for 10 minutes and it hangs up on me with not even a warning.

I see a lot of posts but not a lot of answers......so not really sure what to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hmmm so I finally got through to support...on the fourth try. I spent an hour working with the call center representative, he was nice but he was basically reading from a script. After several attempts, he told me that even though the phone shows as supported....but since my phone updated to Android 5.1 that it is most likely not supported anymore and I should sync using my computer. I asked if there was another level of support I could talk too and he get "disconnected".  So now what? Is the Moto X 2nd gen on Android 5.1 really not a supported device? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok this is getting weirder....So basically it looks like Android 5.1 will pair the device without a pin? The Charge 2 is paired with my phone, but since the app did not complete the process, because it did not have to provide a pin the charge 2 will not sync. It will not even display in the app as a device.

Not sure what to do here...any ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it seems I was not meant to sync this thing...so far I have tried a Moto X 2nd Gen (Bluetooth pairs  but Fitbit App will not recognise), a Motorola Xoom Android tablet (I cannot register the device told to go to my PC), ASUS C302CA (ChromeOS not supported) and my ASUS G74SX Gaming laptop running Windows 10 (older version of Bluetooth adaptor). Unless I get the Moto X 2nd Gen working I am thinking I will have to buy a new Bluetooth dongle for the laptop. 

Thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using windows 10 and able to sync.  Does your Windows 10 machine have bluetooth?  That would solve your problem.  Just wondering what happened when you tried that.  🙂 You have to install the Windows 10 app to make that work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply I have ASUS G74SX Gaming laptop running Windows 10. But unfortunately, it only supports Bluetooth version 3...and my Fitbit Charge 2 requires Bluetooth 4 LE (low energy) which is not backward compatible. So it will not sync...

I could spend another 20 dollars and get the Bluetooth dongle from Amazon. I was trying to avoid that since I have a phone that should work and is 100% compatible based on the website. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@marroon69yeah, I totally get where you're coming from.  I was just trying to think of options for you. Best of luck!  Let us know if you find a resolution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, it seems I should do more homework....or maybe this should a little clearer on the compatibility page?

Basically, it says 5.0+ may not sync.......

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1345

But yet here the site says 100% compatible if you search Moto X (2014)

https://www.fitbit.com/devices

It seems there should be a disclaimer on this...I do not control the OS on my phone, Verizon does so and they have decided that I do not get upgraded. It seems that should on the Compatibility page.

I guess I will have to shell out 20 more dollars for blue tooth dongle if I actually want to use this device....

Sorry, I am not really a happy customer here. I spent several looking on the web, reading and talking to your support team on something that should be called out on the compatibility site....it says 100% when it is not. It is 100% if you fall within the given parameters. Maybe link the  "What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android device?" on the compatibility page.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmmm it has been 10 days and no reply? I did end up buying a dongle. Hoping maybe one the "FitBit" people could chime in with some ideas?

Best Answer
0 Votes