Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app not syncing with web dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm just trying the Fitbit Android app out, no other devices yet.

Today I was testing the app by going for a walk, and it counted my steps. However I got back home, got back on my wifi, and it doesn't seem to update on the web dashboard. I tried logging out of the app, and back in, but then the step count for the day had been cleared. Simply closing the application also seems to clear the step count.

What am I missing here?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Kalthasar, what is happening that you do not have the Fitbit tracker recording an updating your app with the steps, distance, etc.   Are you using Mobile Track to record your steps to the app? Only a very few Android phones now support the Mobile Track app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, the app displays steps used. MobileTrack appears under the devices heading in the Account menu, so I guess yes, I am using MobileTrack (though the app is just called Fitbit, now I'm not sure if we're talking about different things here). 

After further experimenting, it seems that the app will record steps while it is open, but does not upload them, nor saves them locally. However, if I actually use the "Track Exercise" option, and choose "Walk", then steps recorded during this time will be uploaded! I'm not sure if this was the intended design or not.

@USAF-Larry wrote:

Only a very few Android phones now support the Mobile Track app.

I am using a Nexus 5X, if that helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kalthasar, you may want to check out the help article, How do I use MobileTrack, for some good information on how it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes