Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 sleep stage problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 synchs sleep stages...but only every other night, defaulting to the old ways the rest of the days.  Seems strange that it works sometimes, but not consistently.  Advice?

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Fitbit say there are a few things that might stop sleep stages recording on a particular night:

"WHY DON'T I SEE SLEEP STAGES TODAY?

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your tracker higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your tracker to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your tracker’s battery is critically low."

taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2163/

Best Answer

My charge 2 stopped recording sleep stages on Friday the 28th. Reverted back to old way since then. Always worn same arm and place. Would like to get stages back. Any other ideas.

Best Answer

@Mjcar Fitbit estimates your sleep stages using a combination of your movement and heart-rate patterns. While you’re sleeping, your device tracks the beat-to-beat changes in your heart rate, known as heart rate variability (HRV), which fluctuate as you transition between light sleep, deep sleep, and REM sleep stages. If we don’t have enough information on the backend to calculate this, we’ll show you your old sleep pattern which doesn’t require heart rate. You may want to check the fit of your Charge 2 to make sure we get a good heart rate signal. Click here to learn more about how to check the fit of your tracker.

@Dr.Elaine It appears that your Charge 2 tracker is no longer paired with your account. To pair the Charge 2, check out the instructions here

Once the Charge 2 is paired, give it another chance at tracking your sleep overnight. Let me know of the results.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe there is a bug with the sleep tracker update for the Charge 2 and android. I looked at it a few minutes ago and the dashboard showed me having slept almost 15 hours today. I drilled down and saw it combined both Monday's and Tuesday's hours. I tried deleting and reentering my sleep time for today. Still got combined hours on the dashboard. I updated the app and although the drill down on sleep shows the daily amounts, the main dashboard (old one, don't like the new one) shows no sleep logged. I did make sure my tracker was synced to my computer and all is fine there, just an apparent Android device problem. 

Best Answer