Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not connecting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The GPS and bluetooth are turned on on my phone and app is running but it seems like my watch is not connecting to it as it won't track runs or bike rides. GPS tracking is turned on in the app. I can't figure out the problem from other forum posts - anyone who can help?

I have charge 2 and samsung galaxy s5.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@rinellen, have you verified that Connected GPS is enabled in the Charge 2 Device Settings for Exercise Shortcuts?  If it is not enabled, tap on the Bike exercise shortcut to open it and enable the Connected GPS, and then sync the tracker.

If it is enabled, when you select the Bike exercise mode on the Charge 2 tracker, does it display the Phone icon at the top of the screen with dashed lines showing it trying to connect?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @USAF-Larry 🙂 The gps option is enabled for running and biking. Today it connected for a bit but only tracked part of my ride. I had my phone on the same arm so it was really close to the watch. When I start the bike ride, it has the dashed lines on the top right of the screen and then changes to a picture of a phone crossed out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@rinellen, when the phone icon appears with a red line through it, that indicates that the tracker could not connect to the Fitbit app to load the GPS. That is normally a Bluetooth problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes