Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync, now it won't pair either (android 9.0)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I've had problems syncing my Charge 2 in the past. It seems to be super temperamental. I've recently replaced my Nokia 7 with a Nokia 9 (android version 9.0) and I haven't been able to sync my Charge 2 at all. The closes I've come to getting it to work is it saying that its syncing but then nothing happens (even after leaving it for 12 + hours)

I've spent hours trying to get it to work. Here are some of the things I've tried:

• Enabling all permissions including working in the background
  • Reset bluetooth on the phone (made sure there were no devices other devices within range)
  • Tried going into the app with bluetooth / wifi and location on
  • Tried going into the app with these off and waited for the app to prompt me (this is the only way I could sync using my previous phone)
  • Force reset the app and restarted it

Finally I removed the Charge 2 from my account and tried re-pairing it. The app detects the device, a number comes up on the Charge 2 which I then put into the app, but it just gives an error that it was unable to connect. I've tried that part 4 times with soft resetting the Charge 2 and rebooting the phone and deleting / reinstalling the app as well.

Really not sure what else to do, the next step is throwing the Charge 2 in the bin and buying something else.

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @wokoii  I don't see your phone on the list of compatible devices click to see

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

It worked on my Nokia 7 Plus, which is an androidone phone, I was running 9.0 on that. Same operating system as the Nokia 9.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And out comes fitbit's get out of jail free card.  We didn't buy a phone on their diminishing list of compatible devices. Why not make a suggestion to have your phone added. By which time that model is already out of date.

Plus there is nothing displayed when you buy a fitbit to say that it is of limited compatibility with many phones. Feet are voting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a bit if a cop out honestly. How is a brand new phone not supported?

Also, I'm disappointed I just bought a new aria2 after the other one I had just stopped working.

I think I'm done with Fitbit, I shouldn't need to spend hours of my time trying to find these esoteric workarounds. It should just work.

Best Answer