Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 won't sync with Samsung Galaxy A80

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, i have been trying for ages now to get some support for my Charge2. I cannot get it connected to my A80.  It gives me the 4 digit code, i enter it  and thats as far as i get. 

I have turned phone and bluetooth on and off.  Reinstalled the app, held the button for 4 seconds - everything going i have tried.  

I have it maybe 18months now so cant return it. Can it be sorted or do i just give up and buy a samsung tracker watch.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. NOW THAT THE APP HAS UPDATED I CAN NOT SYNC EVEN MY STEPS WHERE INITIALLY I COULD. i HAD PREVIOUSLY EMAILED SUPPORT THEY ADVISED THE SOFTWARE IS NOT COMPATABLE WITH SOME NEW MODEL PHONES FOR THE IPHONE x AND SAMSUNG s10 / a80 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Kazpat06. Welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 2, as well for the steps that you've tried prior posting. I'm sorry that you've had this situation, and let me help you with this. Before anything else, let me share that your Samsung Galaxy A80 isn't a supported device, which means that the Fitbit app hasn't been fully optimized to work with this phone and we cannot guarantee that it'll always work. Although you've tried troubleshooting it, please give a try to the following:

1. Remove the Charge 2 and any other device from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off the Bluetooth in your phone and any other device that is nearby, such as phones, tablets or computers.
  3. On your phone's settings, tap on Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  4. Go back to the previous screen, tap on force stop and reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, tap on your profile's icon > setup a new device.
  6. Choose the Charge 2 and tap on replace your device.
  7. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have also updated my phone to an A80, data was transferred from my old phone. It has synced most data via my account but I cannot pair my Charge 2 with new phone. Any ideas? TIA

Best Answer

IM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. NOW THAT THE APP HAS UPDATED I CAN NOT SYNC EVEN MY STEPS WHERE INITIALLY I COULD. i HAD PREVIOUSLY EMAILED SUPPORT THEY ADVISED THE SOFTWARE IS NOT COMPATABLE WITH SOME NEW MODEL PHONES FOR THE IPHONE x AND SAMSUNG s10 / a80 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having issues with syncing between the Charge 2 and Samsung Galaxy 8 for a few weeks now, as per many of your other clients.  I read a potential fix on a previous post by a Fit Bit tech:   Go to

1)  Settings - Phone Visibility - turn off 

2) Settings - More Connection Settings - Nearby Device Scanning - turn off

I tried all the other listed trouble shooting tips to no avail.  These two steps solved the syncing immediately.  Hope it works for your other customers.  

Please advise your call centre colleagues of this potential fix.  I have spend more than 2 hours on two separate occasions with the call centre and they are not aware of this potential fix.

CT

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just tried that but my phone (A20e) still won't sync

Best Answer
0 Votes