Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 wont sync or pair with new phone.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Charge 2. I have a Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017). I have un-paired my charger from my old phone and deleted the app from the old phone as well (which was a 4 or 5 year old iPhone 5). My Charge 2 Will not sync or pair with my new phone. Any ideas? 

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions. 

Graeme

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @GraemeDR, let me start by giving you a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! If you had your tracke pair with your old iPhone 5 then is not require to pair your tracker again with your new phone since your tracker is already pair.

I saw your Samsung Galaxy A5 is not listed as compatible so this might explain why is not syncing, although not necessarily mean it wont work. The only difference is we cannot guarantee the behavior of the phone in relation to your tracker's functionality. It would not hurt to try the following suggestions for syncing issues: Having trouble syncing? (here's how to fix this).

Hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hopefully @GraemeDR, when you unpaired the traker from your old phone did you do this throuhh thr phones bluetooth snd not the app?

Doing it through the app simply adds problems since it only removed the tracker from your account. A setup as a new tracker is required. 

In theory simply installing Fitbit on the phone, log into your Fitbit account, is all that is needed to setup the new phone.

Some people report that while a phone might not setup a tracker, i might have no problems syncing. So even if the phone is not officially supported it might still work.

My suggestion is that if the tracker has been removed from your account,  find another phone to set it up again.

Then try to sync on the new phone.

Best Answer

The trick worked on my case: In the old phone's bluetooth setting, unpair the device.

The symptom: even the device has been removed from the old phone's Fitbit app, the device refused to connect to the new phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @solomonli removing the device from the phones bluetooth a good idea, removing the tracker from the phones app was not necessary and only adds more problems.

You see removing from the app o ly removes the tracker from your Fitbit account this means the tracker needs to be setup as a new device.

On the new phone, all that was needed was to download the Fitbit app and log in. The app should then try to sync the tracker.

Are you now setup?

@GraemeDR are you setup? I'd your still having problems, could you add the new phone model? 

Best Answer
Thank you! After I removed the device from the old phone's bluetooth list,
the app on the new phone was able to find a new device and then connect.

You are right we don't have to detach the device from the account.

Have a nice day!
Best Answer
0 Votes